I know that it may not be the smartest idea to tote one's Tour around without any protection on/around it...but my Tour; as well as it's owner (i.e. me) seems to like it better as it is...without any skin/case/etc. on it.

It just feels better in my hand without anything on it; and I think the Tour truly looks like the sexy device that it is without anything on it. I put a silicone skin on it from time to time; but when I look at it with the skin on..I'm just not feeling the way it looks. But without it on...lordy, lordy have mercy.

Anyone else carry their Tour around the way it was brought into the world?

08-25-09 11:36 AM
    I have never carried mine without at least a skin on it. I am far too concerned with scratches to let it go naked :-) But I do understand what you mean about the look of it without a case. It is a good looking device. Enjoy and be careful!!!
    08-25-09 11:47 AM
    i carry mine in the holster it came with. i dont like the silicon cases, and if i had it in my pocket i know it would meet my keys or some change... *cringe*

im thinking about getting the spring lock holster from seidio. dunno yet
    08-25-09 11:50 AM
    I go "bareback" (ha ha) once in a while for the same reasons you do but most of the time its in my silicone case.
    08-25-09 11:51 AM
    mine cruises naked too...but i never keep anything in my phone pocket
    08-25-09 11:51 AM
    The only type of protection that goes on any device I own is a PPC tech screen protector. I don't worry about case scratches because I am very care where i put or place the device and by the time I do get some I am already getting a new device
    08-25-09 11:52 AM
    I only have a belt holster. No case or skin for me. Naked feels and looks the best. I just couldn't see having something like an otterbox on it. Destroys the looks and feel. Funny how people get crazy worrying about a few scratches on their $500 berry, then get in the car on a highway behind a big rig and get stones thrown up at the car and not think twice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 11:56 AM
    Yeah; a large reason for why I purchase a particular device that I do (such as my Tour); and why I spend the money that I do on it...is so that it's aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. I honestly could give two shi*s about whether others find what I own as being pleasing to the eyes or not. If it tickles my fancy; I'm good. If I was a metaphorical phone; and if I was a female...I would want to procreate with the Tour purely based on how it looks...hah :P.

I see those iPhones looking at my Tour with those inviting eyes.

08-25-09 12:08 PM
    I just have a screen protector on mine, though I'm thinking of getting an invisible shield skin for it.
    08-25-09 12:23 PM
    Has anyone else not even taken off the screen protector it shipped wearing? The one with the tab hanging down on the End and Back keys? I haven't...
    Mine is nude but I ordered a Decalgirl skin...will probably get another one later when they offer solid colors (my 8330 was Livestrong yellow w/ a yellow trackball).
    08-25-09 12:46 PM
    Has anyone else not even taken off the screen protector it shipped wearing? The one with the tab hanging down on the End and Back keys? I haven't...
    Mine is nude but I ordered a Decalgirl skin...will probably get another one later when they offer solid colors (my 8330 was Livestrong yellow w/ a yellow trackball).
    Interesting that you noted that. Just the other day, I took the original protector off of the scroll wheel on my iPod Photo 30gb from like 4 or 5 years ago. It seemed so white/clean compared to everything else.
    08-25-09 12:51 PM
    Just the holster for me
    08-25-09 12:52 PM
    I'm still using mine, although I did trim the little tab off the bottom.

I was using a skin on mine, but that changed once I put the black bezel on mine. Now its just too sexy to be hidden in that skin.
    08-25-09 12:57 PM
    How inappropriate. :|
    08-25-09 12:59 PM
    I only have a belt holster. No case or skin for me. Naked feels and looks the best. I just couldn't see having something like an otterbox on it. Destroys the looks and feel. Funny how people get crazy worrying about a few scratches on their $500 berry, then get in the car on a highway behind a big rig and get stones thrown up at the car and not think twice.

Haha definitley..my phone is also a full time nudist (always empty phone pocket) but compared to how I'm paranoid and treat my Car the Tour gets about as much attention as a step child.
    08-25-09 02:09 PM
    I can't. Tour used to bare all untill a storm I had fell and cracked the screen, so i cover my phones up now.
    08-25-09 02:12 PM
    Nude + Phantom Skinz screen protector.

Does that even count?
    08-25-09 02:31 PM
    Took off the original screen thing and got a real screen protector. Can't even tell it's on the phone.
    08-25-09 04:48 PM
    Always use to carry totally nude with nothing in my phone pocket. I added PhantomSkinz once I got the Tour and it's just as good as nude.
    08-25-09 05:28 PM
    When I'm home it's naked but out in the wild it has it's silicone case on
    08-25-09 05:33 PM
    Im in need of some type of protection .

Any ideals .... case and screen protector ???
    08-25-09 05:45 PM
    Phantom Skinz is great if you want to maintain the look if your Tour.

If you want rugged, Otterbox Defender.
    08-25-09 05:49 PM
    so far, mine is naked in the leather holster it came in inside my purse.
    I like naked.

BB PIN 30C96651
    08-25-09 06:02 PM
    mines has been naked from day one.. (on my third tour). First tour I carried it around in its invisible shield, but after the second one I've just been going commando with it. Love it in its holster

Have been thinking about getting a screen protector and silicone case tho. Just because of the loose battery cover..
    08-25-09 06:48 PM
    Phantom Skinz is great if you want to maintain the look if your Tour.
    I agree. PS is the way to go.
    08-25-09 06:49 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD