Was getting my 2 year old out of the car and heard something fall, thought it was slush in the wheelwell and didn't think anything of it. When I got him inside (we were at the dr. office) realized I didn't have it. Apparently the holster wasn't attached securely to my pants pocket.. My husband went right outside and looked for it on the ground and in the car and it was gone... I am beyond devastated.

I had Wheres My Phone on it and tried to activate it but the thing is, the battery was at 15% when this all happened and I don't think it worked because calling the phone went right into voicemail so I'm pretty sure the battery died. Sent a ton of activation emails just in case but never got any confirmation that it activated. (As a side note, a friend sold me his Storm to use and after less than 24 hrs I am on my way to Verizon to buy another Tour - cannot deal with it!). When I got home I reported the phone lost to Verizon.

Is there anything I should do right now?

1) I desperately want to wipe that phone but since it's A) on the Lost list and B) I have another phone activated on my account now, do I have any options?

2) Since it has been reported Lost will anyone be able to activate it? Verizon said no, but are there ways around this? I'm so panicked that someone will be able to go through my stuff if they charge the battery.

3) If whomever has the phone charges it will they be able to view my passwords, etc.? Are they stored anywhere?

I so wish I had the Verizon insurance rather than the Best Buy insurance.. Best Buy doesn't cover lost/stolen

And lastly, how do you get over the feelings of violation?! I am so heartbroken and feel so awful that someone could be looking at the pics of my kids.. Not to mention that I hadn't downloaded any pics since December onto my computer from the memory card so they are all gone. This is just terrible.

I am so sad.
    02-13-10 01:26 PM
    You cant wipe your lost phone right now, unless you had an app installed that can remotely wipe the phone from your computer

Once a Blackberry has been reported stolen, a person cannot activate the phone at all no matter what they try to do, it will never again be activated in its life anymore

sorry for your phone being lost, but it happens in the worst of times.

goodluck to you
    02-13-10 01:33 PM
    If they charge the device they can see the data on it. If your password in password keeper, this should password protected itself. If they are in memo file or other type of document- you are not in position.

Once reported lost stolen, it cannot be activated, unless some calls as you and can verify the account.

There is no way for you wipe the device, unless you have third party software on teh device or are on BES server.
    02-13-10 01:34 PM
    Well, this is one thing I learned because I've had that happen but I found mine.

With the holster put it INSIDE YOUR POCKET and use the clip to clip over the outside of the pocket. Never clip to the inside of your pocket with the phone on the outside. It's not reliable. Make sure the phone is in your pocket and clipped to the outside when you get a new one.

Whoever has your phone will be able to view certain things but when you call verizon they should be able to block it. When it's turned on it won't verify security software and they won't be able to use it.

Also, do you have a credit card? If so, you might just have to buy a new one at full price and just GET THE INSURANCE from Verizon on it. I had to do that with my curve. I paid 600 dollars for my curve. I had a tour after that, sold it, got the droid, hated the droid, took it back, got the tour again. With insurance.
    02-13-10 01:35 PM
    You guys made me feel better, thanks.. I cannot wait to go to the store today and get my new one. Then the first thing I'm doing is looking into which security app(s) I should get. Can't go through this again.

Thanks again, maybe the color actually WILL return to the world..
    02-13-10 02:07 PM
    You guys made me feel better, thanks.. I cannot wait to go to the store today and get my new one. Then the first thing I'm doing is looking into which security app(s) I should get. Can't go through this again.

Thanks again, maybe the color actually WILL return to the world..
    Well, you should get the case I got. It's awesome and secure. They have it at the verizon store. It's a shell/holster combo. The shell stays over the back and sides and then the holster part with the clip slides over the front and protects the screen. It has a very secure clip and the shell looks right and feels right unlike most shells. It makes the phone look more tactical too. It doesn't add any weight really and not much thickness like most shells. Everyone I've talked to with this case is loyal to it.

This is the one I have right now. Buy OEM Verizon Blackberry Tour 2 9650 & Tour 9630 Shell/Holster Combo Case Pack - Black, 84039, FREE SHIPPING!

And all you need to do man is go change all your passwords today. It's good to do that every once in a while anyway. Then you'll have no worries at all! I change mine at least once every 2 or 3 months. Just get on your computer, load all the sites you need changed and change them! Including your verizon wireless account. It might seem like a lot but it actually doesn't take but about 15 or 20 minutes and I have a lot of passwords!

Remember to keep social networking passwords different than email passwords and things like that because they are more prone to being hacked. I don't use a password keeper or anything like that. My apps remember the password anyway and websites keep me logged in until I clean my history and cahce.

Get a document on your comptuer and write down ALL your passwords. Either print it out or keep it on your pc. But it needs to be in two different spots incase your harddrive fails. Like on an external harddrive too or an extra sd card or something. And if you decide to keep it on your pc then make the file hidden and then disable windows from showing hidden files. Then when you want to see it just enable it to show hidden files and keep it somewhere deep in a crazy folder no one would ever look.

You don't want to burn it on cd or something because you won't be able to change it whenever you change your stuff. It's kind of easier than keeping up with some pieces of paper really.
    02-13-10 02:18 PM
    Sorry to hear this, i dont know what i would do if i lost my phone.
    02-13-10 02:30 PM
    As a side note, a friend sold me his Storm to use and after less than 24 hrs I am on my way to Verizon to buy another Tour

Sorry for your loss. How much did you pay for the Storm from your friend? Maybe you can sell it.
    02-13-10 02:57 PM
    This is where Smart Guard (free & pay versions) would come in if they were able to charge the phone back up.

https://www.smrtguard.com/index.jsp

Another thought, this is why I don't allow my phone to discharge below 40%.
    At 15% a BB will shut down the radio.
    02-13-10 04:00 PM
    on a lighter note

friends don't sell friends bb storms
    02-13-10 04:10 PM
    friends don't sell friends bb storms
    That's right. Usually they keep their Storms because they're awesome!
    02-13-10 04:15 PM
    Very sorry to hear about your phone! I think that is every berry addicts worst nightmare. My $0.02 though is if you can deal with the storm for a few days the Tour2 9650 should be out very soon. May as well wait for the upgrade and get rif of the trackball!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 04:35 PM
    That's right. Usually they keep their Storms because they're awesome!
    02-13-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD