I went into options and made sure the time zone is correct and oddly enough right on the options screen it gives the correct date and time! But on my home page at the top it is almost a month and 3 hours and several minutes off.

I installed: poynt, beweather, slacker - i think that's it.

I did the *228 programming thing - didn't help.

I did a battery pull - didn't help.

I can't recall if it was off before I installed anything, I found out when Poynt (which I just installed) said that my movie data was out of the downloaded date range - I look up and my phone says June 6, 7:26 pm. It is July 13, 10:10pm.

Crazy - and hard to fix. Is it the programs I installed??
    07-13-09 10:10 PM
    Oh yeah, all my texts prior to any installs show June 6 as well - I don't know if that would have changed if an install screwed with my clock....
    07-13-09 10:11 PM
    I really have never experienced or heard of any issues from an application changing the date and/or time. Try going back to the Date/Time settings and make sure the source is set to "Network" see if that helps
    07-13-09 10:12 PM
    in options -> date/time, the Date/Time source is set to 'Network" and the Network time is actually listed on that screen is correct - but it isn't displayed or read by other programs as the correct time
    07-13-09 10:14 PM
    Damn.. that's crazy, never heard of that happening before.
    07-13-09 10:14 PM
    I think it would be a good idea if you read the user guide that came with your device.
    thanks! really? what page is displaying incorrect date/time on (despite the network time being correct)?
    07-13-09 10:15 PM
    Try uninstalling 'Poynt' and doing a hard reset and see if you can resend and receive a text message and see if the time registers correctly.

I have slacker and havent had any issue, but am unfamiliar with the Poynt application
    first time if heard of something like this. Are you sure you know what time zone youre in? lol jk
    The same thing happened to me. I went to Options > Date/Time

Under Date/Time Source I switched it to "Off" and then I scrolled over and highlighted the Time, clicked it, and was able to adjust it to match the noted "Network Time." I repeated the same for the Date.

After I matched the time and date to the listed Network ones, I went back and made the Date/Time Source "Network" and it has been fine for me ever since.

I hope this helps.
    07-13-09 10:16 PM
    Try opening the Clock icon, hit the BB key, Options, see what it says there
    07-13-09 10:16 PM

Under Date/Time Source I switched it to "Off" and then I scrolled over and highlighted the Time, clicked it, and was able to adjust it to match the noted "Network Time." I repeated the same for the Date.

After I matched the time and date to the listed Network ones, I went back and made the Date/Time Source "Network" and it has been fine for me ever since.

I hope this helps.
    That sounds like the fix...nice
    07-13-09 10:18 PM

I hope this helps.
    PERFECT!!. That worked. Thanks.
    07-13-09 10:20 PM
    It was on the page opposite the troubleshooting for what to do if you accidentally chew off a part of your keyboard. Mostly out of frustration.

The network date and time will always be right. As the USER GUIDE indicates, your bb must be SET to USE the network time and NOT be set manually.
    I would have to agree normally, but setting it manually was just what I had to do. Maybe the manual should consult this forum. Thanks CRACKBERRY!
    07-13-09 10:21 PM
    Had the same problem when I got my tour yesterday. Same June 6th emails. Set the time to "blackberry" not "network". That fixed everything for me. then I switched it back to network today, and it worked fine.
    Last edited by robrink; 07-13-09 at 10:24 PM.
    07-13-09 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD