I work at Best Buy and was overjoyed to see UPS delivering a small ZAGG box this morning. I checked out the box and saw the code "9630TOUR" on the outside indicating that it was, in fact, the InvisibleShield for the Blackberry Tour I had been so patiently waiting for.

I've had the IS on my HTC XV8600 and Curve 8330 and was fairly pleased with the results but the one for the Tour needs much improvement.

First of all, the shields no longer come with a spray bottle to moisten the individual pieces. They come with a little plastic bath with a sponge in it that comes pre-soaked. So when it came time to put the "U" shaped piece on the battery door, it folded over on itself, got stuck to itself and was an all around pain to get moist and positioned properly.

The corners of the Tour are covered well on the bottom part of the device but the top corners are almost completely vulnerable to scratches and dings if dropped.

The piece for the screen leaves about a millimeter either below or above where it should be. Place carefully. The piece for the bottom part that covers the Verizon logo is poorly designed and leaves the front corners exposed to damage.

The pieces on the side need to be cut because they overlap the pieces next to the camera.

Needless to say, I'm unimpressed and would prefer I hadn't spent the money... Even with my employee discount.

I'll upload pictures later.
    07-24-09 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I had it for my storm and it worked great.
    I ordered the otter box so im glad i did not
    go with zagg
    07-24-09 12:50 PM
    I ordered a zagg but only cuz bse doesn't have it out yet. I've heard about it not fitting well but I figured ill just cut it up if ever. Fingers crossed it works out okay!

I have a zagg on my pearl which fits flawlessly. Hopefully it will fit the tour decently enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 02:09 PM
    more reason to go with a phantomskinz
    07-24-09 02:13 PM
    Thanks for the heads up!!! I ordered the Phantom Guardz skin because BSE is taking too long. I think that BSE needs to take advantage of pre release specs like other shield manufacturers do so they can get their product out faster. I think they lose a good amount of business because people just get tired of being without a shield for their device. Even with that being said though, they are an excellent company with the best customer service in the business. Personally I won't buy anymore ZAGG products because they never refunded me money from a shield I purchased and returned 2 weeks later...Oh well....
    07-24-09 02:37 PM
    Dang...I ordered one too. Hopefully the OEM skin + IS will be relatively decent. I'm mostly concerned about the screen and the shiny part around the camera (wish that part was matte too).
    07-24-09 02:42 PM
    *cancels his IS order* thank you you just saved me some cash would cost me more to get it in Canada
    07-24-09 03:14 PM
    I have the IS on the screen of my Tour to hold me over until BSE comes out with a skin for the Tour. Personally, the IS is too tacky (sticky) for me. I couldn't imagine having a full body IS.
    07-24-09 03:17 PM
    I have the IS on the screen of my Tour to hold me over until BSE comes out with a skin for the Tour. Personally, the IS is too tacky (sticky) for me. I couldn't imagine having a full body IS.
    I actually cut up a piece of BSE into a rectangle and used it as a screen protector for my Tour until my precut skin comes in.
    07-24-09 03:44 PM
    bse seems to be dragging their tails on this, they could have quite a few sold by now. They emailed me 2 weeks ago to tell me they'd be sending one out this past week....still nothing.
    07-24-09 03:56 PM
    Phantom skinz is the way to go. Mine is great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 04:19 PM
    + 1 for Phantom Skinz. Used to be a Zagg user until I came to Crackberry and read about PS. Put it on my Tour and think its loads better than the IS I had on my Voyager.
    07-24-09 06:12 PM
    Im going to have to agree with the thread starter. As i was putting on the shield i noticed the exact same problems. I didn't even bother putting on the entire shield due to all the excess pieces hanging off. I pretty much had to "clip to fit".

The case i have for the phone covers just the sides and back of the phone so i went ahead and just put the shield on the open parts of the phone. I'm waiting until Seidio creates a 360 case for the tour.
    07-24-09 07:04 PM
    more reason to go with a phantomskinz
    +1 for Phantom Skinz. I got a PS screen protector for my Tour and I love it. It's nice and clear plus any minor scratches disappear in an hour or less (in my experience anyway).
    07-24-09 07:22 PM
    Sounds like I got lucky when I decided to TRY the Phantom Skinz. At least when I get it I'll know that I wouldn't have done any better this time with IS. Thanks for the heads up. This is a good descriptive negative review. Usually people go into whiney complain mode when they aren't happy on the forums.
    07-24-09 07:23 PM
    I work at Best Buy and was overjoyed to see UPS delivering a small ZAGG box this morning. I checked out the box and saw the code "9630TOUR" on the outside indicating that it was, in fact, the InvisibleShield for the Blackberry Tour I had been so patiently waiting for.

I've had the IS on my HTC XV8600 and Curve 8330 and was fairly pleased with the results but the one for the Tour needs much improvement.

First of all, the shields no longer come with a spray bottle to moisten the individual pieces. They come with a little plastic bath with a sponge in it that comes pre-soaked. So when it came time to put the "U" shaped piece on the battery door, it folded over on itself, got stuck to itself and was an all around pain to get moist and positioned properly.

The corners of the Tour are covered well on the bottom part of the device but the top corners are almost completely vulnerable to scratches and dings if dropped.

The piece for the screen leaves about a millimeter either below or above where it should be. Place carefully. The piece for the bottom part that covers the Verizon logo is poorly designed and leaves the front corners exposed to damage.

The pieces on the side need to be cut because they overlap the pieces next to the camera.

Needless to say, I'm unimpressed and would prefer I hadn't spent the money... Even with my employee discount.

I'll upload pictures later.
    You still get a spray bottle...I just got the screen and it came with it.
    07-24-09 07:29 PM
    You still get a spray bottle...I just got the screen and it came with it.
    This is just a shot in the dark...

but I'm guessing you ordered the screen from the website redwanhuq? Maybe there is a difference between the ones sold in Best Buy and those sold directly from Zagg?

Like I said, its a complete guess.
    07-24-09 08:41 PM
    There is a website called handhelditems.com and they have tour cases starting at $6.99 just thought I'd give ppl the heads up.
    07-24-09 08:57 PM
    This is just a shot in the dark...

but I'm guessing you ordered the screen from the website redwanhuq? Maybe there is a difference between the ones sold in Best Buy and those sold directly from Zagg?

Like I said, its a complete guess.
    Yup, mine's from the website (had to use the forum discount hehe)
    07-24-09 09:03 PM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I had it for my storm and it worked great.
    I ordered the otter box so im glad i did not
    go with zagg
    Let me know what you think of the OtterBox. I wrote up a review on it, I hope you liked my throwing of my brand new Tour down my stairs at my house. BBM me your thoughts on the OtterBox when you get it.
    07-24-09 09:14 PM
    i wish you would have posted this a day earlier...lol. I had one installed at a mall vendor. You are absolutely correct that the top is vulnerable to sctraches and that the screen is not fully covered. However, I would add that on the bottom of my device, there are two areas in the top corner that is not protected. I ended up buying the skin from verison which is too thick and the sides are raised which cause some typing issues.
    07-25-09 06:35 AM
    i wish you would have posted this a day earlier...lol. I had one installed at a mall vendor. You are absolutely correct that the top is vulnerable to sctraches and that the screen is not fully covered. However, I would add that on the bottom of my device, there are two areas in the top corner that is not protected. I ended up buying the skin from verison which is too thick and the sides are raised which cause some typing issues.
    If you're really wanting a skin, just get a PhantomSkinz, it's so much better!
    07-25-09 07:17 AM
    If you're really wanting a skin, just get a PhantomSkinz, it's so much better!
    does this fully cover the device? i'm assuming so since you indicate that it is so much better. thanks in advance!
    07-25-09 07:20 AM
    does this fully cover the device? i'm assuming so since you indicate that it is so much better. thanks in advance!
    Yes, it does fully cover the device. If you take a little bit of time to put it on and you're careful, you'll have a fully covered device with the exception of the keyboard. I had one on mine prior to getting the OtterBox which now fully protects my device against EVERYTHING, although some same the case is bulky (which I don't find because I can still put it in my pocket with stuff in there). But everyone is entitled to their own opinion so it's no big deal. The PhantomSkinz doesn't leave residue if you have to take it off also, and no stickiness about the skin. Just take your time putting it on and (for me at least) I used needlepoint tweezers so I didn't get finger prints on it / under it. If you have an old BlackBerry, PhantomSkinz will even put it on professionally for you, you just have to ship the phone to them. So I'd just switch back over to the old one (if you have one), ship the Tour to them, let them put it on, then they'll ship it back, then just get the phones switched back over.
    07-25-09 07:28 AM
    Yes, it does fully cover the device.
    The PhantomSkinz doesn't leave residue if you have to take it off also, and no stickiness about the skin.
    Sweet! I'm sold. Let's just hope that I can return the other skin or would you recommend that I send it with my device because of the residue issue?
    07-25-09 07:46 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD