Anyone else here read "less black" and immediately think of This Is Spinal Tap? I did.
    +11! (did you see what i did there?)
    09-22-09 05:22 PM
    This is utter nonsense. Either put up or shut up. Pictures, please.
    09-22-09 06:43 PM
    A significant change in color (going from glossy to matte) is kind of unbelievable. I never say this, but pics or it didn't happen.
    michael jackson status s0n!
    09-22-09 06:57 PM
    My blackberry isn't black enough either. It shops at the GAP and listens to country music all day, and definitely didn't vote for Mr. Obama.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 09:49 PM
    Who cares. My pearl is less silver, and now has more scratches???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 09:52 PM
    I must agree with BVR! I was playing with the phones at the Sprint store while I was waiting for my phone. The demo tour was such a nice, deep, dark, shiny black. IT WAS GORGEOUS! So when they asked me what color I wanted I said black.... but they gave me a blueberry instead! How am I suppose to make calls on a fruit!

:P
    09-22-09 10:08 PM
    09-22-09 11:51 PM
    complaints and abuse. I used to come here for all the wonderful tips. Was a place to be proud of my phone and learn about it.

Now its trolls. Grammar cops. Bullies. Know it alls. And complaints. Its too bad.

I believe you that the new tour is less black, why anyone would cry bull**** is beyond me
    09-24-09 12:36 PM
    ^^^Hey, there, I appreciate it!

I just noticed that this thread is still alive. Yes, the trackball is more "gray." And I tell you I tell you I tell you the phone is ever so slightly less black.

A few people asked what the big deal is and why I care so much. It isn't a big deal. I don't really care. I kind of forgot about it until I saw this thread again.

I will try to take pictures tonight when I get home from work for the fun of it. The idea of using a third phone with MMS is a good idea. I just really don't feel like taking one pic with one blackberry, plugging it into my computer, getting the photo, taking a photo with the second blackberry, etc. Plus the difference is so subtle that the low-quality photos wouldn't really prove anything.

The new phone is a new phone, not a refurb. But believe me, the first phone was blacker. But my new phone is better, so much better.
    09-24-09 12:43 PM
    Oh,and I forgot to mention. Another theory that I have is that the new phone seems less black because it was like "dry" when I pulled all the plastic off of it. I think that after a while the phone gets nice and seasoned with hand oils, which gives it more of a sheen.

I know that sounds gross like I'm some oily manimal with a slippery phone, but that's not what I mean. I just think when the plastic is bone dry it might be lighter, but after weeks of pressing it against the side of your face it gets a little darker.
    09-24-09 12:46 PM

ding ding ding ding ding

......linger longer
    09-24-09 12:59 PM
    as soon as i get my digicam back, i'll post the pics.
    09-24-09 01:03 PM
    This is for Sprint.

It's weird. My original Tour was all glossy and shiny. This one is matte and it isn't quite as dep a black color. I was disappointed for a second but I guess I don't care.

Thanks for listening!
    haha i just got mine....i liked the shiny keys...the replacement is matte! thats the only diff i see...the blks are same but keys are diff!
    09-24-09 02:55 PM
    This bump goes to eleven.
    09-24-09 04:16 PM
    Hello Cleveland!!!
    09-24-09 04:39 PM
    Looking at all the phones these days, I think that Matte would be a better choice for something being handled many times a day. Less fingerprints show up (unless you got a Storm). Don't know exactly how to form an opinion on "less black" Can something be "more black"? When I think of less black, I think grey
    09-25-09 04:12 AM
    throw a case on it and problem solved.
    09-25-09 07:32 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD