So my only complaint is the camera lens on the back, how the surface of the lens is recessed. I thought, at first, there was another plastic cover here but I don't think there is. I love the way the Storm is designed over the lens completely flush and wish the Tour was the same.
    07-14-09 11:09 AM
    if that is your only complaint that i'd say your good.

i could see how this design could gather a little more dust and be a little harder to clean. i agree it should have just been flush.
    07-14-09 11:11 AM
    yea mine is collecting dust and every time i try to clean it, i make it worse to the point that it just looks disgusting.

another issue is that i can't load the CD on Windows 7.
    07-14-09 11:12 AM
    yea mine is collecting dust and every time i try to clean it, i make it worse to the point that it just looks disgusting.

another issue is that i can't load the CD on Windows 7.
    Enable "XP Compatibility" in Windows7 and it should work.
    07-14-09 11:15 AM
    How do I do that? I thought you could only set that for individual executable files.
    07-14-09 11:17 AM
    How do I do that? I thought you could only set that for individual executable files.
    you need to have xp sp3 installed in virtual pc i'm pretty sure

you could just run the install file in xp compatibility tho
    07-14-09 11:19 AM
    i installed my cd on windows 7 without any issue and without enabling compatibility mode
    07-14-09 11:20 AM
    i installed my cd on windows 7 without any issue and without enabling compatibility mode
    hmm not sure what my issue is then. it just comes to a fullscreen gray screen and freezes there.
    07-14-09 11:22 AM
    Yeh, if that's the only complaint you can come up with, it sounds like you're pretty happy with the phone!
    07-14-09 11:25 AM
    I do like the phone, but I once had a Bold for just a month and liked that much better because of the added real estate both on the screen but mostly on the keyboard. I really like the wideness of it. Oh well.
    07-14-09 11:29 AM
    hmm not sure what my issue is then. it just comes to a fullscreen gray screen and freezes there.
    It takes a while to get past that. Just leave it alone. Or explore the cd and look for the installation files. That's what I did, copied it into a new folder, zipped it and put it on my USB drive.
    07-14-09 11:29 AM
    It takes a while to get past that. Just leave it alone. Or explore the cd and look for the installation files. That's what I did, copied it into a new folder, zipped it and put it on my USB drive.
    I just read in other threads that some people are getting this "gray screen of death" so maybe it's a bad CD? I'll try just letting it run and see it it ever unfreezes. Thanks.
    07-14-09 11:36 AM
    can you give me the root of the installation file? i can't get passed the gray screen.
    07-14-09 11:42 AM
    mine worked fine without doing that. i had the old dm loaded so i upgraded via the cd. worked fine.
    07-14-09 11:45 AM
    Try holding down SHIFT when you put in the CD. And then, once the CD is in, but hasn't loaded up, go to MY COMPUTER, right-click on your CD drive and go to EXPLORE. From there you should be able to navigate to the install files (don't know the exact location of those-sorry)

Hope this helps somewhat at least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 11:46 AM
    I'm able to explore the CD, but just don't know what install file to use. If I use start.exe, that just loads the CD and freezes on the gray screen.
    07-14-09 11:56 AM
    Oh. Gotcha. Sorry about that. Unfortunately, I'm not at my computer and don't have the CD anyway, so I wouldn't know what to tell you. Sorry for misunderstanding.

07-14-09 12:07 PM
    OK I GOT IT! I browsed through the CD's folders into files/exec/bbinstaller/setup.exe and that opened up and installed fine without the gray screen that freezes.
    07-14-09 12:36 PM
    I've noticed the easy collection of dust on the camera as well. I recommend using the Nintendo Method ... blow really hard on it. That will get enough of the dust off to not take noisy pictures. If your not satisfied after that ... carry a Nikon
    07-14-09 12:49 PM
    So my only complaint is the camera lens on the back, how the surface of the lens is recessed. I thought, at first, there was another plastic cover here but I don't think there is. I love the way the Storm is designed over the lens completely flush and wish the Tour was the same.
    Yup! I actually noticed that on photos before the phone was released and I brought it up in the forums but everyone kept telling me I was seeing things and that the camera is exactly the way it is on the Storm (completely covered). Well, it's not. Bootleg. Step backwards. Don't understand the logic in that.
    07-14-09 01:40 PM
    Oh man, if this camera/lens arrangement bothers you then stay far away from the Bold. I just switched to the Tour from a Bold and the lens on the Tour is a huge step forward from the Bold, which is inset behind the battery door and collects dust worse than anything I've ever seen.
    07-14-09 01:49 PM
    Yeah I noticed that too, I wish it was all flush I hate dust in my phone :/ . I took my curve apart several times just to clean it on the inside. Lol

07-14-09 02:03 PM
    Complains???!!What is there to complain about?? He's perfect....
    07-14-09 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD