Well, when I got my Tour, the door was such a tight fit that the first time I had to take the battery out (separate issue) I gouged the latch. I ordered a replacement door and that one is a bit loose. Go figure.
    Last edited by DislocatedCheesehead; 03-07-10 at 11:30 AM.
    03-07-10 10:34 AM
    Tried the little piece of electrical tape (added two little patches on either side as well) --- solid as the proverbial rock! Thanks!
    03-07-10 11:30 AM
    Wow this trick works better then the paper over the battery trick. The door feels solid now. With the paper over the battery you could still feel the door move somewhat, and if you used too thick of a paper then the door would stick out too much. Unfortunately, the door is a bit harder to open for battery pulls now. Oh well...its still worth it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 06:02 PM
    Old thread, but glad I found this cause the **** loose battery door creak was so annoying. Thanks.
    How did you get that photo (Blackberry Tour) as your profile picture?

Let me have the link you used to make it your profile picture.
    03-07-10 08:29 PM
    Thanx it really works good. Do u know my friend has a Sprint Blackberry Tour and he has a all black shiny door with no design going thru the middle like the one from verizon.. And his didnt wiggle around.. I wounder wats up wit that???
    US Cellular has the all plastic battery door. No rubberized backing, or anything on the battery door. Just, plastic. And mine has gotten to where it's sort of loose at the bottom. Not really annoying, just.. a pet peeve. Lol. I'll be trying this fix sometime tomorrow. (:
    03-08-10 12:43 AM
    Giving it a try...so far so good...Thanks!
    03-24-10 10:47 PM
    Wow, this works great! Thanks for the share!
    03-25-10 02:31 AM
    I was having the same problem with my tour back door, it was collecting lint and hair and anything that was in my pocket, I called Verizon spoke to a nice lady in tech support and she is sending me a whole new phone, I just explained that the gap that is caused by this is letting things into the nack fo my phone and I am having to take it off and clean it. She was extremely nice and said my new phone would be here overnight, I suggest just calling and trying, it never hurts to try.
    05-10-10 12:17 PM
    Worked like a charm, thanks!!
    05-27-10 03:11 PM
    Hello there,
    could you tell me of some feedback about this?
    does the batery cover still fixed after all this time? or the solution it�s only temporary?

thanks a lot
    07-12-11 08:52 AM
    Hello there,
    does the batery cover still fixed after all this time? or the solution it�s only temporary?

thanks a lot
    07-12-11 08:56 AM
    Thanks to the OP, worked great for my 9650.
    07-16-11 10:30 AM
    Hello there,

thanks a lot
    Over 2 years and this fix is still working.
    07-17-11 07:44 AM
    omg thank you, thank you, thank you!! other fixes involved much more complicated stuff, yours took about 5 seconds and it worked like a charm!
    08-12-11 01:55 AM
    I tried it and works perfect,Thanks for posting this fix.
    08-15-11 08:54 PM
115 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD