WTF?! It was working as recently as yersterday. When i reset the phone, it blinks when it comes on, so i know that it works. I have tried changing settings, to no avail. Anyone have this problem?

With this and the trackball not working too well, very jumpy and non responsive, and the battery door, i think its time for a replacement
    08-01-09 05:05 PM
    Go into your clock. Make sure you're not in Bedside Mode.

If in the clock, when you hit the BB button, if it says 'Enter Bedside Mode' you may have a broken Tour.

If it says 'Exit Bedside Mode', click it, and it'll solve your problem.
    08-01-09 05:16 PM
    Go into your clock. Make sure you're not in Bedside Mode.

If in the clock, when you hit the BB button, if it says 'Enter Bedside Mode' you may have a broken Tour.

If it says 'Exit Bedside Mode', click it, and it'll solve your problem.
    you are a genius and i am a moron It was in fact in bedside mode. I may live with the slightly below par trackball and use tape to fix the backdoor.

Thanks
    08-01-09 05:31 PM
    No problem.

And I'm not a genius (well at least not a BB one ). I just read about that a couple weeks ago happening to someone and shared the info.
    08-01-09 05:32 PM
    haha well you saved me a trip to the store, for now.

I guess it goes into bedside mode when you are charging? i would have thought it would go out when i unplugged it.
    08-01-09 05:35 PM
    The exact same problem was happening with my wife's phone and it turns out it was in bedside mode even though she was receiving audible alerts. Thanks for the fix!
    09-08-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD