So this morning I was leaving my friends place in the Walpole MA area as I was watching the UFC ppv the night before. decided to swing by the local mall at their verizon store to see if i can get my hands on a fully functional tour.

i got there and they werent even open yet. had to wait a half hour. turned out, they only had 10 phones in stock that day. so i go up to the guy handing out the papers. he asked if i was "definitely" buying the tour today. i said i wanted to see one first, but would like a number in case i decide i want to. so i don't get screwed over for spending time with the phone. i get a number so ok.

they didnt have a demo phone available so they took one out of the box for me to look at. and im pretty sure they have received NO training on the phone as it took 3 of them to figure out how to remove the battery cover. lol.

so after some time with it i realized this may have been a troubled phone as the device i had, contained an issue with the battery cover (the movement noted in other posts). also the trackball seemed to be a little loose as well. since there were so few devices available i didnt want to be stuck with it as id have to go all the way back there to get my issues resolved in terms of a replacement. so i decided to hold off as later down the road i should receive a better unit.

its just too funny how just about no one outside of these forums it seems, knows about the tour. theres been like NO publicity for it like with the storm
    07-12-09 03:26 PM
    I bought my husband a tour for his birthday and we both love it. The issues you are talking about are unfamiliar to me. the balls fine and I figured out how to take the battery cover off on my own, maybe there was something "wrong" with the employees you encountered. I thought it was odd too there wasn't much hype about the tour, but BB really doesn't need hype with such awesome phones.
    07-14-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD