I have my option checked off on facebook to update my contacts picture with there facebook picture. It works, but the pictures do not update if someone changes there profile pic on facebook.

I deleted facebook off the phone and installed it again and still no updated pictures on facebook like its suppose too, just shows the old pics that they used to have on my contacts...

how do I fix this?
    08-02-09 04:28 PM
    You know when you go into the Facebook app and select "friends" from the top menu? Then it does something like updating friends...with a little progress indicator on the bottom. I don't know if it's only updating their statuses or what, but it may also detect a profile pic change. Give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 04:39 PM
    It's probably not an instantaneous thing either. How long have you waited to see if a contact's photo was updated?

When you say you have the option checked off... Does that mean you have it enabled or disabled? Kinda confused by the wording.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 04:44 PM
    i was wondering this too. i understand what he is talking bout.
    facebook syncs the contacts names with their names on facebook and provides their picture. when people change their profile picture, it does not change on the contact list of phone. wondering how this works or can update it so the pictures match on phone to the profile pictures on facebook.
    08-02-09 04:47 PM
    I am surprised that I have not seen other postings on this topic. It appears with FB 1.6.0.21 and BB 4.7.1.40 that the options to integrate FB with both the Blackberry Calendar and Contacts application are now unavailable. Anyone know more?
    08-02-09 05:25 PM
    The only way I've found to update a person's profile pic is to click the picture in the facebook app, and choose "Refresh Blackberry Contact" from the BB menu. I was hoping it would look for new info every once in awhile without me having to take extra steps.
    08-02-09 05:48 PM
    I have the same issue in addition to the birthdays not adding to the calendar as well.
    08-02-09 05:54 PM
    The only birthdays FB is adding to my BB calendar are of people who I also have in my BB contact list.
    08-02-09 06:05 PM
    I was having the same problem but I ended up hitting options then logging out and then logging back in to facebook and it updated all my contacts and their pics.
    08-02-09 07:09 PM
    I was having the same problem but I ended up hitting options then logging out and then logging back in to facebook and it updated all my contacts and their pics.
    Same thing here.
    08-02-09 07:10 PM
    My contacts pics arent even loading period... at least from facebook.
    08-02-09 08:46 PM
    My contacts pics arent even loading period... at least from facebook.
    Do you have your BB associated with your FB account? It would have asked when you setup FB for BB Smartphones
    08-02-09 08:48 PM
    Do you have your BB associated with your FB account? It would have asked when you setup FB for BB Smartphones
    It says its associated.. i mean it shows their 'jobs' under info... but not the pic.. dunno why.
    08-02-09 09:09 PM
    sometimes your phone names and facebook names don't match up like for spellings (mike vs michael, jon vs jonathan, misspelled last names or even some people I have listed as first name only or last name only or nicknames, etc) . . . so once you're in the facebook app, I just manually linked some of my facebook contacts with the blackberry contacts and that did the trick.
    08-03-09 11:54 AM
    if i manually link contacts and reinstall facebook, will they still be linked?
    08-03-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD