OS 4.1.0.40

I can pretty much just be on BBM and a few opens of the browser, and during that time, lets say 3 hours, my battery life is down to 62%.. nothing is running in the background, ive tried another battery..

any other suggestions before I throw it at the wall?
    01-04-10 07:18 AM
    What OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 07:26 AM
    I am not sure if 4.1.0.40 is referring to, I can't imagine you are running that OS on your Tour.... I'd suggest upgrading to 5.0 or buying an extended battery, whatever you're more comfortable with.
    01-04-10 07:27 AM
    Oops, I missed that. I assume you meant 4.7.0.40. I'd have to echo willy's advice.

01-04-10 07:30 AM
    yeh 4.7.0.40 my bad

I *would* upgrade to 5.0 however, I want ALL of my apps etc and themes to work on 5.0.. and its not officially released yet, I dont think..

I really shouldnt have to buy an extended battery, im not overusing it, Im barely using it.
    01-04-10 07:32 AM
    You should at least upgrade to Sprints latest 4.7.1.57 if nothing else, I can run mine two days and still be around 50%, granted I don't BBM the thing to death, but I do use it.
    01-04-10 07:32 AM
    ill check out sprints newest..
    01-04-10 07:33 AM
    I echo the need to upgrade the OS.....
    01-04-10 07:36 AM
    You should also considering upgrading to the newest BBM if you haven't already.

Also, at this point in time the sentiment that "all my apps and themes won't work" is hardly true. With other devices having official 5.0 already most developers have stepped their apps/themes up to be compatible. Now not installing it because "it's not official" is a whole nother discussion.....
    01-04-10 07:38 AM
    I have the newest bbm

Im upgrading to sprints latest os..

thanks for the input
    01-04-10 07:52 AM
    I didn't think the battery life on my Tour was the greatest either, but the current upgrades from Sprint seemed to help.
    Good luck!
    01-04-10 08:00 AM
    Rachel...I'm running the hybrid 7, 15 with 5.0.230 and all of my apps and themes work fine. Battery life however, I have given up. RIM has really dropped the ball on Tour owners in regards to this. If the Bold can have an awesome battery life, why can't the Tour?
    01-04-10 08:04 AM
    glad to see im not alone
    01-04-10 08:07 AM
    I'm betting it's BBM 5.0, not only does it leak memory like a faucet, I've been complaining of battery drain since I installed the first version...
    01-04-10 08:15 AM
    Also, as an FYI. I've heard a few people lately complaining of battery issues. If it's cloudy where your at, it's harder to get a signal, so the device is working harder. Many notice this in inclement weather...
    01-04-10 08:26 AM
    i'm also running 5.0.0.230 with hybrid 7.14 and my battery life is horrendous. i take it off the charger at around 7 am and by 1-2 pm i will have to recharge. then i have to put it back on the charger by around 10 pm...ridiculous.
    01-04-10 11:08 AM
    See I have BerryWeather and SocialScope always running, I take my device off the charger at 6 a.m. and by 6 p.m. I'm usually at 75% battery life. I say usually because there are days where my drain is more excessive than others, even though I've not added any applications or themes, or using the device excessively. Like today for instance, I took the device off the charger at 6 a.m. and by 8 a.m. I was already down to 89%, but all I had used my device was for sending a screenshot of my BlackBerry, that's it. I checked MeterBerry and my discharge rate was 2.0%, with the device in standby mode. I've said this in the past, I believe it has to do with connectivity or the way the applications update themselves. One day I get great battery life, then the next day, not so good...
    01-04-10 12:02 PM
    Just curious Rachel you dont happen to have the gps tracker app installed on your phone? I had it on my phone and by 1 pm I'd have to recharge my phone. I uninstalled it and now I'm using Sprint family locator and the tour can last all day no problem.
    01-04-10 12:09 PM
    See I have BerryWeather and SocialScope always running, I take my device off the charger at 6 a.m. and by 6 p.m. I'm usually at 75% battery life.
    I'd say 12 hours and 25% discharge, or approx 2.0%/hr, is pretty formidable battery life. The best battery life I ever got was running 7.16 w .191 radio and unless I was talking on the phone I would hold a 1.x% discharge over the course of a day. I was lovin it.
    01-04-10 12:13 PM
    I have my BlackBerry Tour in a Roots cover and holster and now I find that my Tour can last all day....where before it wouldn't. Perhaps the magnet that puts it in sleep mode when in holster is playing a factor...but now I'm satisfied.

01-04-10 12:13 PM
    just get an Extended battery and be done with it. I have a 2600 battery and get about 3 days on average before charging again
    01-04-10 12:16 PM
    I think it's cool that the phone can last 3 days on a single battery, but that's never been a reason why I would get the battery. For me, it would be more about being able to unplug at 6am and still have enough juice to make it through the evening if I go out, say, until after midnight. Not sure if I could make that now based on normal usage and average hourly discharge rate.

So basically, I just want it to make it through an extended day. I don't really see the inconvenience in plugging it in to charge every night because..... well you're sleeping anyway! I actually prefer putting it in my charging pod next to my bed and letting the clock display. It's nice.
    01-04-10 12:20 PM
    just get an Extended battery and be done with it. I have a 2600 battery and get about 3 days on average before charging again
    Just curious, why would you recommend someone to spend money on a battery with myself as well as others are getting 3 days without charging on the normal battery? That's not a lot of common sense there.

I'm running 50v7.16/.191 radio with nothing streaming, I use the phone for what it was designed to do and I can go 4 days tops without charging the battery. Sooooooo, there's no real valid reason to buy an extended life battery in that case if the extended life battery is only getting as far as what i'm already getting without it.
    01-04-10 02:26 PM
    I'd say 12 hours and 25% discharge, or approx 2.0%/hr, is pretty formidable battery life. The best battery life I ever got was running 7.16 w .191 radio and unless I was talking on the phone I would hold a 1.x% discharge over the course of a day. I was lovin it.
    Gotcha. Like I said in my above post, I believe it has to do with the data or info going through the servers. There are days where it appears my device is working "harder" to render pages or when using an application. I will see the data arrows more than usual, there are days after 12 hours of good use I will be at 85% and even I'm surprised. Then like today, all I did was send one screenshot via email and right at 2 hours later I'm at 89% with the device in standby. That's a lot of battery power to send a single email, so what I'm saying is that it's not always us and the applications we are using. If the apps we are using are able to process information and data easily, battery life is good. If if takes a a bit post a status on Facebook, or the browser is taking longer to load pages, battery life is bad. As long as things flow smooth we are good, if there's congestion, the device works harder...
    01-04-10 04:37 PM
    Most nights I charge thru dinner.. so I was just on bbm here and there, went to bed at 10.. in 5 hours I was down to 30%

And again, im NOT looking for an extended battery..nor am I getting one.. I was trying to narrow down an issue thats common I guess with the tour

No gps enabled nope..

Just the way it is I suppose.. unfortunately.
    01-04-10 05:55 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD