Well 2 days ago i was a Sprint customer waiting for my BB Tour.... Alas last night around 7PM it was delivered by UPS to my door.... I had a HEATED debate, argument trying to get it activated through Sprint and of course like many times before they "CREATED" a whole new plan for me separate from my family that I did not notice until logging on after and seeing... Long story short 10AM this morning the BB Tour was taken to the Sprint store and permanently returned... And oh yeah it had an EXTREMELY loose battery cover, (sound familar).... LOL

2 Hours later we called and canceled ALL our accounts (3) with Sprint...

Off to the Verizon store where originally they were not going to give us the online price for the BB Tour and 2 NV TOUCH phones for the wife and kid.... Well we left saying we would just order them ONLINE. Literally 5 min later I get a call on my cell from the Verizon rep at the store and he said they would wave all the rebates and honor the online store price for every phone (if we bought accessories)... SO we went back and got all 3 phones, new lines of service, and silicon cases for each phone (cheapest accessories)...
    Of course the battery cover was loose on the one they had for me.... The battery cover was loose on the OTHER 2 boxes they opened to check for me; AND a verizon rep next to us had a BB Tour with a loose battery cover... very weird. So I picked the best of the 3 and slapped a silicon black cover on it and was DONE! Funny thing was it seemed the "center" of the back was loose on the Sprint model where will ALL the verizon models it was the entire door; but whatever, I do not notice it with the silicon cover....
    Anyway, so 150 to cancel the sprint phones total!
    585 on phones and accessories at the verizon store and AWAITING the 327 charge from sprint on my VISA for phone number 1 it has been an expensive DAY!!!

One thing I found out that is COOL is the PALM Pre car charger that I had lying in a drawer from when I had that battery hog for 3 days WORKS with the BB Tour!!! Very cool and will prevent me from ordering one online; something actually went my way today.... Also Verizon has much better signal where I am at so all is good....

My story and looking forward to learning about the blackberry.....
    The sprint guys seemed thrilled I was returning it as they will not have one in store until later in August according to them; so they got a chance to play...

J
    Last edited by JRESURF; 07-18-09 at 09:27 PM. Reason: grammer
    07-18-09 09:25 PM
    Just wait. The post nazi will be here shortly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 09:28 PM
    Ah that sucks..Well it happens with every provider.. They've been kind of messing me around too but lucky it's all noted in my accout so they have to follow through on what they promised me
    07-18-09 09:29 PM
    Welcome to the red team. From me experiences you will LOVE the tour on verizon's network.

07-18-09 09:34 PM
    Yeah that's where my wife went BALLISTIC (it doesn't take much) few months back they said they would cancel all sprint accounts for $50 TOTAL and today well it was just a different story... They not like it when you leave...
    Oh well!!!!
    Enjoying the Tour!
    07-18-09 09:35 PM
    Welcome to the red team. From me experiences you will LOVE the tour on verizon's network.

Thanks! Looking forward to the Verizon and BB Tour experience... Quick probably dumb question but does anyone know if PDANET works with the BB Tour (www.junefabrics.com)?
    Thanks in advance!
    Jed
    07-18-09 09:36 PM
    welcome to the otherside...big red! and welcome to the tour experience!
    Good luck and also, welcome to crackberry. Loved your story.
    07-18-09 09:46 PM
    Nice story hope you have good luck on verizon

07-18-09 09:53 PM
    Good riddens!
    07-19-09 04:25 PM
    Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies.

Also, red > yellow. :P
    07-19-09 04:28 PM
    Welcome to VZW. Enjoy the tour!
    07-19-09 04:30 PM
    Welcome to VZW! Believe me, they have their fair share of problems, too, which you'll undoubtedly discover during your future contract renewal and/or phone upgrading adventures. BUT, they do have the best service and coverage, so it does tend to be worth the hassle.

Here's a tip, which you may or may not have already learned with Sprint (I haven't used them in years): Do your own research on the plans that are available. Don't trust what they say in the stores. Check on their site, and on these forums. Also don't believe what the rep says when they're setting up your account, double check you have the correct services online or on your first bill. I've yet to get through a Verizon contract renewal or phone upgrade smoothly.. and I'm not an out of the ordinary customer (unless not putting up with being charged for things that I don't want is somehow out of the ordinary).
    07-19-09 04:54 PM
    Good riddens!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by JRESURF; 07-19-09 at 05:42 PM. Reason: more polite!
    07-19-09 05:28 PM
    I personally think you over reacted, but what ever makes you happy. Can't beat Sprint Simply everthing plan prices.
    07-19-09 05:34 PM
    Welcome to VZW! Believe me, they have their fair share of problems, too, which you'll undoubtedly discover during your future contract renewal and/or phone upgrading adventures. BUT, they do have the best service and coverage, so it does tend to be worth the hassle.

Here's a tip, which you may or may not have already learned with Sprint (I haven't used them in years): Do your own research on the plans that are available. Don't trust what they say in the stores. Check on their site, and on these forums. Also don't believe what the rep says when they're setting up your account, double check you have the correct services online or on your first bill. I've yet to get through a Verizon contract renewal or phone upgrade smoothly.. and I'm not an out of the ordinary customer (unless not putting up with being charged for things that I don't want is somehow out of the ordinary).

Thanks for the advice I personally think ALL cell phone providers are completely overpriced and shady... All I HONESTLY care about is the COVERAGE which VERIZON has in their court in my area and areas I travel... Oh YEAH; I CAREFULLY check ALL prices quoted with my online details and usage and make sure I am getting what I paid for!
    Was with Sprint for about 12 years and honestly the only time you need to call is if there is an error on your bill or you want to change a plan which does not seem to occur to often for me....
    I cannot really bash sprint; I mean before I left and my phones were older I was paying 105 a month for 3 phones with unlimited data, unlimited text and 1500 MIN/Month.... Not too shabby and Verizon could not TOUCH that; but then I upgraded to the Tour and well... That was just no longer the price...
    Anyway... Hoping things go smoothly with Verizon and I am sure there will be bumps like with any company charging 800% more than it costs them to provide the service!!!
    J
    07-19-09 05:35 PM
    [QUOTE=717200;3099178]I personally think you over reacted, but what ever makes you happy. Can't beat Sprint Simply everthing plan prices. [/QU

To be COMPLETELY honest the whole Verizon thing was MOSTLY wife driven; what can you do and YES the Simply Everything plans are AMAZING as I stated in my last post... But unfortunately we have a house in the Outer Banks NC and just recently in the past year our service where the house is DROPPED! I mean we have been there since 96 and NEVER had a problem and when we called Sprint they said as a cost saving measure one of their towers was taken down in that area.... So really hard to stay with a provider when coverage is not at one of your places of residence... But yes I did not mean to bash sprint and I am sure like I said EVERY provider has their bumps...
    Sprint did try everything they could to keep us and I thought they were very professional even though the WIFEY did not....
    Oh well, just looking ahead from here...
    J
    Last edited by JRESURF; 07-19-09 at 05:43 PM. Reason: grammer
    07-19-09 05:40 PM
    [QUOTE=JRESURF;3099213]
    I personally think you over reacted, but what ever makes you happy. Can't beat Sprint Simply everthing plan prices. [/QU

To be COMPLETELY honest the whole Verizon thing was MOSTLY wife driven; what can you do and YES the Simply Everything plans are AMAZING as I stated in my last post... But unfortunately we have a house in the Outer Banks NC and just recently in the past year our service where the house is DROPPED! I mean we have been there since 96 and NEVER had a problem and when we called Sprint they said as a cost saving measure one of their towers was taken down in that area.... So really hard to stay with a provider when coverage is not at one of your places of residence... But yes I did not mean to bash sprint and I am sure like I said EVERY provider has their bumps...
    Sprint did try everything they could to keep us and I thought they were very professional even though the WIFEY did not....
    Oh well, just looking ahead from here...
    J
    Dang.. I'm just north of you in Norfolk.. I know just how bad reception can be in some areas down there. Personally, I would have used that as a way to get out of the ETF!
    07-19-09 05:53 PM
    [QUOTE=tnt118;3099315]

Dang.. I'm just north of you in Norfolk.. I know just how bad reception can be in some areas down there. Personally, I would have used that as a way to get out of the ETF!
    Yeah that's EXACTLY what we did... It SHOULD have been 450 to cancel all 3 phones, but since my wife is FAIRLY argumentative she got it knocked down to 50 per phone; hence 150 total; which worked out pretty good, our argument being the reduction in coverage.... Yeah loosing connection at one of your family houses is a tough sell....
    Thanks,
    J
    07-19-09 06:10 PM
    Welcome to Verizon Bud!!

Your going to enjoy your Tour a lot better being on Verizon then you would have on Sprint! You made a really good move!

enjoy your new Tours!!
    07-19-09 06:33 PM
    Totally understandable JRESURF.

If anyone in this situation where you have a bad signal you can get Sprint to give you an airave for free ($99) and wave the $5 monthly for the duration of the contract, they have been known to do that to people who have bad reception

Cheers
    07-19-09 06:37 PM
    Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies.

Also, red > yellow. :P
    Keep your blood cookies to yourself...
    07-19-09 06:42 PM
    Welcome to Verizon Bud!!

Your going to enjoy your Tour a lot better being on Verizon then you would have on Sprint! You made a really good move!

enjoy your new Tours!!
    Glad you so sure of that I had Verizon for 4 years and hated it (only service available where I lived) I'm now at Sprint and think their service is great...I get way more and pay way less...

I think it's a situation by situation basis and you sir cannot say for certain she will enjoy her Tour better on VRZ then Sprint.
    07-19-09 06:45 PM
    Just wait. The post nazi will be here shortly.

Great line I must say made me laugh

07-19-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD