Also the wallpaper keeps resetting.

Should I return it and get a new one or is this just user error?
    07-14-09 10:18 PM
    I would wipe and reinstall the OS. Many might consider this to be bad advice. Have you installed or transferred any old apps from your 8830? That could be a problem. A fresh OS would be what I would do, anyone else have an idea?
    07-14-09 10:21 PM
    What wallpaper are you using? Is the image stored on SD card or the device.

When does it reset?

What do you have installed?
    07-14-09 10:23 PM
    Mine was slow for about the first hour because I was going crazy setting everything up and the data and service books were still provisioning however after like an hour its twice as fast as my curve ever was. Also my wallpaper never reset... Do a wipe and try again...otherwise I'd definitly swap it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 10:24 PM
    i too came from the curve and now the tour is so much faster than anything else
    07-14-09 10:26 PM
    I have had 8830 and now 9630. Tour is much, much faster than my 8830 ever was. Even with a good smattering of apps on both.
    07-14-09 10:27 PM
    It sounds like there's an issue to work through if the wallpaper keeps resetting. Give us some more info, like the stuff yester has asked for, to start.
    07-14-09 10:28 PM
    What wallpaper are you using? Is the image stored on SD card or the device.

When does it reset?

What do you have installed?
    Image is a photo I took off the web, I put it on my SD Card, and set it as my wallpaper.

It seemed to just reset randomly, and reverted back to the Verizon check wallpaper.

I have facebook, gchat, googlemaps, gmail, and a few songs installed.

I have had 8830 and now 9630. Tour is much, much faster than my 8830 ever was. Even with a good smattering of apps on both.
    My 8830 never lagged and got stuck the way my 9630 is doing. It doesn't happen always, when it's working properly it's much faster, but I am geting a lot of lag/temporary freezing.
    07-15-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD