Whenever I press the mute key, it goes into standby and does not mute. When I just tap it, it doesn;t do anything, at least to the best of my knowledge. The sound indictator in the top left doesn't change.. Dunno if its supposed to or what..

And thanks again for all your answers guys!

I LOVE this phone so much
    08-04-09 04:17 PM
    Mute/Standby are two different functions controlled by one key.

When you are in a call, or playing media in the media player, the button will Mute the audio.

For any other time, the button will place the BB in Standby mode when the button is held down.
    08-04-09 04:22 PM
    Mute/Standby are two different functions controlled by one key.

When you are in a call, or playing media in the media player, the button will Mute the audio.

For any other time, the button will place the BB in Standby mode when the button is held down.
    Thanks a lot.

08-04-09 04:22 PM
    No problem.
    08-04-09 04:29 PM
    has anyones mute/standy button felt worse (harder to actually press it) since they got the phone? mine just started, not sure why, maybe pocket lint in the top hole?
    08-04-09 05:40 PM
    If you want to quickly turn off all alerts, hold down the "Q" until the phone goes into vib mode. "Q" again to return to Normal. As stated, holding mute while at the home screen puts you into standby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 06:00 PM
    If you want to quickly turn off all alerts, hold down the "Q" until the phone goes into vib mode. "Q" again to return to Normal.
    So that's how you do that! Thanks for the tip!
    08-05-09 12:55 AM
    has anyones mute/standy button felt worse (harder to actually press it) since they got the phone? mine just started, not sure why, maybe pocket lint in the top hole?
    arg yes i was noticing that on mine today, the mute button doesnt have the same "click" of the lock button on the opposide side anymore. the mute feels more mushy than clicky. yes i just made those words up.
    08-05-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD