When listing to music on my TOUR the song starts over or pauses when I get a new text or BBM. Is there a fix for this? i'm cool wit the pausing but the start over is really pissin me off! it can be in the middle of a song and get a text and bam I'm back tot eh beginning, 5secs in and get a text bam!!!! Thanks
    11-14-09 03:53 PM
    The "fix" is to change the phone to VIBRATE mode. If it does not sound a ringtone, it does not get interrupted. It is an irritating bug but that's the way it is for the moment. I don't know if some of the beta OS's floating around fix it or not.
    11-14-09 07:27 PM
    F2 thanks for the help!
    11-14-09 08:18 PM
    I think rim's perspective is that that is a feature. As you said, if you don't want to be audibly notified while listening to music...turn the ringer off!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 02:18 AM
    I think rim's perspective is that that is a feature. As you said, if you don't want to be audibly notified while listening to music...turn the ringer off!

It should do what the iPhone or the Palm Pre do... Play the ringer through the headphones while keeping the music playing in the background at a lower volume
    11-15-09 03:14 AM
    i really dont think its a feature.. i think its a bug as well.. my curve would pause the track, while the ringtone played, then would resume right where it left off... generally i just set mine to either silent or vibrate.. mostly silent, usually when i'm listening to music, its while i'm doing paperwork at work, and have it sitting right in front of me so i can see the flashing LED indicator.

cheers
    11-15-09 04:55 AM

If that's a feature, it's a bad feature. I think they need to add more than one sound channel. No 2 sounds can play at the same time.
    11-15-09 09:20 AM
    My phone basically "locks" up when I'm getting a BBM. I was on my way into work this morning happily listening to music when it just stops. I grab the phone and it won't do squat. It just sits there for what feels like an eternity until the BBM finally comes through then everything catches back up. I'm using 5.0.0.230. I'm really getting sick of RIMs act. Where is an official OS5 release? If this is a feature then it's 1 more step for me away from RIM and toward anyone else.
    11-16-09 07:12 AM
    It should do what the iPhone or the Palm Pre do... Play the ringer through the headphones while keeping the music playing in the background at a lower volume
    Oh! That's a good idea!

-Stephen

11-18-09 01:35 AM
    Oh! That's a good idea!

-Stephen

Yeah basically every other phone does this. I wish the Tour did too
    11-18-09 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD