Hey what's up? New member here @ CB. I got my tour on Sunday and I love every thing about it. I have a flight on friday @ 6:37 pm to Mexico from phila. and I need some music on my phone. I took the tour over a new iPod touch. So how can I get the music from my iTunes to my phone?

Any help on this would be fantastic!

Thanks

blackberrytour17
    11-05-09 04:51 PM
    We had to take out the media card and put it in a reader and drag our ITunes onto it. Reinsert and play. I've got about 400 on my Tour - playS great. Media Sync on DM woundn't work. Good luck. Safe trip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 04:59 PM
    Hey what's up? New member here @ CB. I got my tour on Sunday and I love every thing about it. I have a flight on friday @ 6:37 pm to Mexico from phila. and I need some music on my phone. I took the tour over a new iPod touch. So how can I get the music from my iTunes to my phone?

Any help on this would be fantastic!

Thanks

blackberrytour17
    You can do it through Desktop Manager. Make sure you tell it iTunes and not Windows Media in the options. It will also get all of your album artwork. You can tell it to do that from the options screen, as well. Works perfectly for me.
    11-05-09 05:02 PM
    thanks guys! Gonna try it now

(ew bears fan :P)
    11-05-09 06:00 PM
    It won't play protected DRM music from iTunes though. Just FYI. I use Noteburner (google it)
    11-05-09 06:01 PM
    11-05-09 11:52 PM
    I prefer to manually copy it to the SD card. If your album art is embedded in the ID3 tags, it will show up as well.

The Windows app 'MP3tag' will embed artwork in tags. Free.
    11-05-09 11:58 PM
    i have tried to load this 1 album on my micro sd card and it wont play. i have deleted it and loaded it with media manager several times. does anyone have any idea why it wont work? it is just one album. thats it.
    11-06-09 12:22 AM
    Couple things:

1. Using Desktop Manager for this is a bad idea IMO. Media Manager is a jacka$$ of a program. Just enable "Mass Storage Mode", plug in the device, and look for the removable HD in "My Computer" while browsing in Windows Explorer. It's just a drag and drop process.

2a. If you're music is downloaded directly from iTunes, it may have a DRM bug in it, which only allows it to be played in iTunes and apple products. I thought they were doing away with this, but maybe they haven't phased it out yet.

2b. To get rid of the DRM, burn the music to a CD, and then re-rip it (or, import it to a different HD and that will create a copy). Then the files should be DRM free. Once they are DRM free, and in an MP3 format, they should play just fine on the Blackberry platform.
    11-06-09 12:29 AM
    Couple things:

1. Using Desktop Manager for this is a bad idea IMO. Media Manager is a jacka$$ of a program. Just enable "Mass Storage Mode", plug in the device, and look for the removable HD in "My Computer" while browsing in Windows Explorer. It's just a drag and drop process.

2a. If you're music is downloaded directly from iTunes, it may have a DRM bug in it, which only allows it to be played in iTunes and apple products. I thought they were doing away with this, but maybe they haven't phased it out yet.

2b. To get rid of the DRM, burn the music to a CD, and then re-rip it (or, import it to a different HD and that will create a copy). Then the files should be DRM free. Once they are DRM free, and in an MP3 format, they should play just fine on the Blackberry platform.
    thanks for the advice.
    11-06-09 12:36 AM
    i have tried to load this 1 album on my micro sd card and it wont play. i have deleted it and loaded it with media manager several times. does anyone have any idea why it wont work? it is just one album. thats it.
    Dude who knows? You haven't given us any information about the album.
    11-06-09 12:36 AM
    Dude who knows? You haven't given us any information about the album.
    sorry. i originally downloaded this album, which was sent by a friend from rap godfathers. after trying numerous times to get it to work, i deleted the file that i downloaded and then went on amazon and purchased the real album. i downloaded it from amazon and loaded on the bb and it still didn't work. being that i dont have any blank cds to burn it to, i will just give up and live without this album on my bb for now.
    11-06-09 12:40 AM
    Yeah I follow sultans advice. Except I drag from iTunes over to a windows explorer window that is my phone's SD card (phone connected via USB).

You won't get artwork without embedding it in the .mp3 file, though. For that, you need another program. I am yet to find a free one that works well, but in the mean time I use teridons itunes scripts. They flake out fairly often, but I don't know of a better frEe option yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 02:09 AM
    'mp3tag' is free and has never given me a problem.
    11-06-09 02:59 AM
    Cool! Thanks furballz!

-Stephen
    11-06-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD