I have multiple entries for the same contact for purposes of Voice Dial. What I mean by this is I have an entry with full first and last name, all the info etc, and then I have created a second entry for some people I call often with just their first name and phone # so that when I use voice dial I can say just the first name and it understands. By doing this, now when these people call me it shows just the first name entry versus showing the full name entry with their picture etc. It's as if it links that person to the one entry versus another, even though it is the same phone #. Is there any way to tell it which entry to link itself to?
    11-20-09 04:21 PM
    OK, just a thinking outside the box here: When you receive a call, the phone displays the first number that matches the parameters of the incoming call. Hence, John comes before John Doe. Try changing the parameters slightly. With the number that you have for John, try using a *82; the area code; a number 1; or any combination thereof as a prefix. The key here is gonna be to trick the phone into recognizing John Doe first.
    11-20-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD