HEY TAKING THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO CHECK OUT MY POST

Now off to the business part

I am wondering are you able to have more then one email from blackberry? @vzw.blackberry.net is my email because i am with verizon (obvious) so that why in the title i put "carrier" Please Let me know yay or nay thanks again
    12-15-09 11:43 PM
    My carrier only allows the assigning of one blackberry.net email address per device; I would assume Verizon is the same.
    12-15-09 11:51 PM
    Yeah i was thinking the same thing,,, i just think it would be nice to have one personal and one professional
    12-15-09 11:53 PM
    You can only have one per device.

I'm not sure why anyone would use that address at all, however, since there are many limitations to it.
    12-16-09 05:58 AM

I'm not sure why anyone would use that address at all, however, since there are many limitations to it.
    There are actually some very good reasons to use it. I use my as a forwarding receptor from a BIS account that's on a non-preferred hosted exch server, and polled every 15. It's one that I need to get mail from right away, and my only two options were: 1) move the domain to another provider; 2) forward incoming to that address to my *.blackberry.net address. By changing, on the BIS page, my "real name" to the email address that's being forwarded, my sent mail replies from my *.blackberry.net address appear to come from the forwarded address (unless someone's really bored and looks at the headers.)

So yeah, there are good reasons to use it, I've done so for some time, and I haven't run into any "limitations."
    12-16-09 06:07 AM

Yes, limitations?? what do you mean? i use my *.blackberry.net email all the time. i have 3 on my BB in total, the devices', my personal, and my schools... love it!!!
    01-26-10 01:18 AM
    No SPAM filtering, can't read or access it on a computer or other email client, can't transfer it to another carrier ....
    01-26-10 06:09 AM
    No SPAM filtering, can't read or access it on a computer or other email client, can't transfer it to another carrier ....
    No spam filtering, but in the 9 months I've had the account, I've never had a problem with it, because you usually wouldn't use your device email for every single thing you sign up for.

You can read it on a computer, it just requires a forward, the real limitation is the fact that is cannot be transferred to another carrier.
    01-26-10 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD