does anyone know how u can modify it so that you can send MMS messages?
    05-08-10 06:41 PM
    Nope.

MMS requires data on BlackBerry.
    05-08-10 07:23 PM
    Okay, lets get into that whole discussion about whether or not someone should have a BB without a data plan!

05-08-10 07:55 PM
    I don't care one way or another if someone had a BlackBerry without a data plan.

They just have to accept the limitations if they choose not to have one.

No debate required.
    05-08-10 08:45 PM
    Quite frankly, I don't care either - I was just alluding to the debate that always pops up when people start talking about "data plan requirements".......

<sigh> Nevermind.

05-08-10 08:49 PM
    Yes and no. To send and receive MMS, you need the MMS service books. If you have a data, you get the service books, if you remove the data plan, the service books will stay. But if you power cycle or battery pull you will lose the service book. If you have T-Mobile, per their policy, they do have article on how to resend just the MMS service books with no data plan. ATT may not do this, however if you pitch enough fit, they may just send em to ya.
    05-08-10 10:54 PM
    I didnt know you could have a BB without a data plan? Isnt it required?
    05-09-10 08:33 PM
    I didnt know you could have a BB without a data plan? Isnt it required?
    A bit off-topic, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. If you purchase a BB from CL, eBay, etc. (unlocked GSM), T-Mobile is the only one that allows a BB w/o data (their branded BB or other carriers). AT&T also allows a BB w/o data but will automatically start charging you for it if it is a AT&T branded BB phone (and you're not grandfathered in). But like the op that has a unlocked Sprint, Verizon, etc. 9630 (non-AT&T BB), they don't know. As for Verizon & Sprint, you have to get the data because you need to go through an activation process.
    05-09-10 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD