When I get an mms message with a sound in it, it changes my alerts tone. Well I guess its not really changing it as adding. when I get any message or call my normal alert will play and then immediately following it will be the sound from the previous mms. I don't even have to open the mms for it to use that sound. I have tried not opening and deleting the mms, doing the memory cleaner, and turning the phone off but it doesn't work. The only thing that works is pulling the battery. And having to wait for it to reboot all the time is getting old! Anyone else having this problem and is there something I can do to make it stop?!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 06:33 AM
    Do you have a tour or an htc eris as your bio says? If it's the tour and you're on verizons second to newest OS then it's that cause it's buggy. Either down grade your OS or use a leak or hybrid. Lots of threads on this if you search.
    05-15-10 06:47 AM
    I'm going to assume you have a 9630 since you're posting in the 9630 board. Mostly likely, as the above user stated, you are running the new VZW official OS. This .591 build is full of nasty bugs and other annoyances (like the one you are getting). Many many many other users here are also experiencing this problem as well and there is really no solution but to download another OS and installing it on your phone. My suggestion would be the .643 leak that dropped about two weeks ago. Im running it now and its been, by far, the best I've used on any of my BB devices.

You can find instructions on installing the new OS *after you've downloaded it on your computer* [HERE].

Here are some of the other posts about this issue. There may be some helpful information about understanding the issue, etc. in some of them and you may want to give them a look over.

*Help! My Tour is Possessed
    *Went to VZW last night...
    *My ringtone won't stop...
    *Inappropriate Sounds?
    *Help please! MMS Issue.
    *File won't stop playing!
    Last edited by d5115r; 05-15-10 at 07:34 PM.
    05-15-10 07:20 PM
    Thx guys. Yeah I hav the tour 9630 I just haven't updated my profile in awhile.

05-16-10 07:07 PM
    Download and install either 5.0.0.419, .484, or .643. I've personally ran .419 and now .643 and both seem pretty good.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the OS's on the computer. Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it).

Download and install the OS you want to downgrade (or upgrade) to. After making your backups, go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. After making sure you have backed up your phone as mentioned above, I recommend wiping the phone (using jl_cmder, BBSAK, etc), prior to installing the new OS . In the same folder mentioned earlier, click "loader.exe".

When that finishes, your new OS should be loaded. You will have to restore your backups using DM and BBSAK manually if you wiped prior to installing the OS as recommended.

05-16-10 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD