OK so i've searched the forums and i haven't been able to find a very good answer so i'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread. Me and a friend both have a Verizon Tour and he had an app world update show up on his phone. After updating, a few apps were missing from there and even after searching for it, we still could not find these apps (pandora for example). I never got an update for my app world and the apps are still available. Anyone know why these apps would not be available in the updated app world and whether or not you can delete the update and go back to the old version of app world?
    10-06-09 10:00 AM
    Good luck with that it took me three days and about 15 emails to get everything corrected. Find all your info from your Paypal account and send the transaction numbers along with your appword email address. They should be able to reconcile your account. Its just a pain in the ****. Stay on them and it will get fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 12:09 PM
    maybe he has to actually "log" back into his appworld account, i had a similar situation and i got all my previous downloads back
    10-06-09 12:21 PM
    I had assumed he had been doing that.. Either way it can be a difficult matter especially if you have used a couple email address' to purchase apps. They will join all accounts if you ask them to. You have to add your email address and PIN to all communications so their is no confusion.

10-06-09 12:39 PM
    By chance do you see any of the archived apps?
    10-06-09 01:13 PM
    sorry guys, i guess my first post wasn't that clear. I'm at work so i'm trying not to be on cb too much lol. It's not the purchased apps that disappeared. It's just that the app is no longer there in bb app world for you to download. For example, if i go into app world on my tour, pandora is there to download. But when i go into the updated app world on his tour, pandora is not there and can't be found anywhere in app world.
    10-06-09 02:22 PM
    That's odd. I will say that I had purchased apps for my Curve that wouldn't show up after getting my Tour. I don't know why that was, but I do know that they did reconcile all my apps into one acct. It showed every app purchased for my Curve and Tour. Maybe that might be the case with you. I'm not sure. Call or email them. That's all I can say. They will fix it, but you have to be VERY specific about the problem.

10-06-09 02:31 PM
    I can't find Pandora or Poynt on BB App World andymore. Also, the price of all apps now shows up in English pounds instead of US$. weird.
    10-06-09 02:48 PM
    Sounds like its the app store is reading your area in Europe? Would that mean the app store wouldn't be showing the same apps as here in the US? I know your not in Europe, that's just what it sounds like. Did you back up your BB before any of this happened? If you did just do a wipe and reinstall the backup.
    10-06-09 02:52 PM
    Sounds like its the app store is reading your area in Europe? Would that mean the app store wouldn't be showing the same apps as here in the US? I know your not in Europe, that's just what it sounds like. Did you back up your BB before any of this happened? If you did just do a wipe and reinstall the backup.
    What you say makes sense. Guess it thinks I am in England. I will try a wipe and reinstall.
    10-06-09 03:00 PM
    After you do a wipe can you let me know if that fixed the problem Webbull?
    10-06-09 03:01 PM
    I can't find Pandora or Poynt on BB App World andymore. Also, the price of all apps now shows up in English pounds instead of US$. weird.
    Log out then back into paypay and it should change it back.. if not, pick an app and select buy, but cancel the transaction and that should fix it...
    10-06-09 03:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem. At first the currency showing up was in English pounds. I used the suggestions on this forum to go through the steps of purchasing a paid app, but stopping just before committing to the purchase. That fixed the currency issue. However, i cannot see apps such as AP News.

Also today i removed Yahoo Finance since i switched to the Bloomberg app, but i noticed that i cannot even re-install Yahoo Finance because it says "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier". No clue why it's doing this as i installed it from App World yesterday.

This all happened after upgrading to the latest ".19" version.
    10-06-09 03:36 PM
    Take out your sim card....problem fixed!!!! this has been discussed quite a bit already on here.
    10-06-09 03:52 PM
    pulling the sim card did not fix the problem of missing apps in app world.
    10-06-09 04:32 PM
    Same here, US$ fixed but apps still missing from App World.
    10-06-09 05:00 PM
    Your sure they aren't hidden?
    10-06-09 05:25 PM
    I had the same problem and after reading this thread, I pulled the sim card, uninstalled BB AppWorld, batt pull and then reinstalled from blackberry.com/appworld and it did work, all the missing apps were back, Slacker, iheart, Pandora, etc. This does work, but recommend trying it as I did.
    10-06-09 09:51 PM
    Thanks JoelTruckerDude, maybe it was how i went about doing it. I'll give that a shot today and repost the results.
    10-07-09 09:48 AM
    Trucker good tip....I got the missing alps back but unfortunately after inserting the sim card again the prices went back to pounds. I really am starting to hate RIM. Is this a joke? Does everything they touch have to turn to sh*t.

10-08-09 12:27 AM
    We've had reports from people going to App World from a brand new Verizon Tour and not seeing Pandora anywhere (even in the search). I'm not sure what's going on. We have an email in to App World support but in the meantime you can always install Pandora from our website by pointing your mobile browser to http://www.pandora.com

Marc
    10-08-09 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD