I have a missed call indicator on top of the screen but i cant clear it...

any suggestions
    07-12-09 06:09 PM
    did you click on the missed call msg in your messages box?
    07-12-09 06:09 PM
    i dont see anything...all folders are empty
    07-12-09 06:14 PM
    just click the phone botton, it will show you your call log and that should get rid of the indicator
    07-12-09 06:24 PM
    its empty....im on the phone with tech support...

and they just made me do a battery pull and still nothing...

they are calling RIM right now...on hold...
    07-12-09 06:29 PM
    the missed call doesnt show in the call log of all calls?
    07-12-09 06:42 PM
    i dont know what shows, but its bothering me...i cant get rid of that dumb yellow missed call icon...
    07-12-09 06:48 PM
    what a pain....hope it gets worked out
    07-12-09 06:52 PM
    doing a wipe handheld....

also, if anyone can take one for the team and do a wipe handheld and look at the status bar as it moves across the screen...

mine flickers....anyone else have the same problem
    07-12-09 07:01 PM
    In your messages folder click the BB button and select "view folder" then select the "missed calls" folder then delete the call causing the alert.
    07-12-09 07:11 PM
    In your messages folder click the BB button and select "view folder" then select the "missed calls" folder then delete the call causing the alert.
    doesnt have anything...

already did the wipe handheld...

anyone else have the same problem with the wipe handheld and flickering with the status bar?
    07-12-09 07:19 PM
    I have the same issue...tried the suggestions in this thread but I still cannot get rid of the yellow folder with the "1" missed call indicator. Any suggestions?
    07-15-09 06:48 PM
    If you have your message folder on seperated so that it is easier to see your email, Messages, and SMS/MMS folders make sure you look in your SMS folder because your missed call as well as voice mail are shared with your SMS folder and can very well be in there. I found this out the hard way a long time ago. Even if they are not sepaerated still look in the SMS folder.

Good luck!
    07-15-09 07:00 PM
    I have the same issue...tried the suggestions in this thread but I still cannot get rid of the yellow folder with the "1" missed call indicator. Any suggestions?
    Hmmm... unless RIM has dramatically changed the missed call icon in the Tour OS, that's not the missed call indicator you're describing. The missed call indicator is a yellow phone handset with a red X next to it. What you're describing sounds more like a new email or a new SMS.
    07-15-09 07:07 PM
    This problem reminds of my Samsung i730 WM5. I would get the phone saying I still had a VM while there was none.

I still haven't got my Tour yet - I am waiting for a few weeks for new SW release or batch - so we don't have all these workarounds.

This phone seems like a software project - lots of workarounds. I think all these smartphones are the same - they all have issues and they need to be ironed out...
    07-15-09 07:15 PM
    SMS folder and can very well be in there.
    Good luck!

Thanks...that did the trick. The missed call indicator reset and the icon disappeared finally.
    07-16-09 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD