I'm on my 2nd Tour... about to be 3rd (hopefully). Both have had the dreaded trackball issue and my 2nd has a loose battery door too. I went into a VZW store tonight and talked to the tech about getting my 3rd Tour because of the trackball issues with my 2nd one. Ended up not walking out with a new one because the lady seemed to think I was scrolling too fast and that if I did it slowly then it's fine (She said it doesn't register when I scroll fast). I handed it back to her and showed her how when I scrolled fast up and down there are no problems, just left to right, like everyone else who is having this issue. I don't understand how these people arent aware of these issues that a majority of people seem to be having. Then she pulled the "well I have the same phone and mine is okay"..... unbelievable. After more arguing I ended up walking out with my same phone. FYI I'm well within my 30 day period.

Is anyone finding that newer built Tours are issue free w/ the trackball? I'm almost thinking about going with Curve, but like a lot of the Tour's features better so I'm kind of stuck. In my eyes, if I'm paying the money for the newest, best Blackberry it should perform like one.

Hate to vent on a thread but I'm fresh off being HEATED in the store.
    09-09-09 09:01 PM
    That is pretty bad that you showed her that it clearly had issues and she did nothing about it. I would have been pretty mad about that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:06 PM
    Always ask for a manager. If she was the manager go to the next store and find a better manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:10 PM
    Go to another store.
    09-09-09 09:12 PM
    Yeah I'm going to try a different store tomorrow. It amazes me how the techs at any Verizon store don't know about the issues people are having with the Tour. Must just be the ones around here.
    09-09-09 09:26 PM
    I'd take everyones advice. Jump into another store. I will tell you this however, when the phone is processing the pearl wand seems to slow down. Has anyone else noticed that.
    09-09-09 09:27 PM
    Go to another store, I would absolutely raise **** if some ***** VZW rep told me "your scrolling too fast" especially when you showed her it works fine when scrolling vertically. You have to understand, more the 50% of Verizon reps are complete idiots. Call into a store ahead of time and ask when a manager will be in store or something, or try somewhere else.

I hope you dont give up on the Tour. I have a July manufactured non green dot, and have had no problems at all with my trackball, even testing it out on the lowest setting horizontally,20. Goodluck to you, hope things work out.
    09-09-09 11:55 PM
    Man that sucks you had all of those problems but what would you get instead?
    09-10-09 01:08 AM
    Sucks about your luck. Hopefully you'll eventually get a phone that works the way it's supposed to.

I've had 2 Tours that worked flawlessly out of the box. I foolishly returned the first one thinking that I wanted a smaller phone like my old Pearl under Verizon's Worry Free Guarantee. However, a couple weeks later I ordered the Tour again and this one has been perfect as well.
    09-10-09 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD