I have verizon right now. I have always loved verizons service and they have been oh so good to me. I sold my storm after 2 weeks cause it frustrated me so much. I have a tour right now and honestly I'm not the impressed by it. The new curve has wifi and seems like an all around better phone.

Do I keep mine and wait for the better software to come out or should I jump ship??
    05-21-09 12:27 AM
    if you're switching to att and want the best... get the bold not the curve. if i was on ATT i'd have a bold -- im not so im waiting for the tour. /shrug

what don't you like about the tour
    05-21-09 12:33 AM
    If you don't like the Tour, you might not like the Bold OR the 8900. The Tour represents the newest and best blend of these two Berries. Size wise and performance wise. I'm sure it's partly the OS version you have as they are still working on that. BTW which version are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:49 AM
    If you don't like the Tour, you might not like the Bold OR the 8900. The Tour represents the newest and best blend of these two Berries. Size wise and performance wise. I'm sure it's partly the OS version you have as they are still working on that. BTW which version are you running?

I pretty much agree with this..

honestly the curve isn't 3g either so if you dont mind edge its a good phone but its also "smaller size" wize then the tour..

If you do go to at&t The bold is your phone as far as a blackberry is concerned...

The 9630 is going to fall into the place of a Bold for verizon...

The bold is a bit more snappy when it comes to the device itself

also keep in mind your on a early build of software.

One other benefit that I will tell you of the bold is being able to do voice/data at the same time some people really care about this, it isn't a big deal to me..

I want to say though if your happy with your service it is not a good idea to switch carriers just for a phone. Phone's come and go all the time...
    05-21-09 01:55 AM
    I agree with Noaim; don't leave the best network in the country...especially for a phone with no 3G. Wifi is great and all but come on, I would much rather have 3G. If you DO go to At&t, then get the Bold. Currently, it is the best BlackBerry out there. But you might find the size to be a little off-putting, especially after using the Tour. Either way, don't get the new Curve. Bold or Tour. My honest opinion, wait for the newest OS to drop for the Tour. It is rumored to be launching with 5.0.

05-21-09 07:46 AM
    Whatever OS you're running now, it's most likely a very early beta, so I would definitely wait until the final release OS comes out before making any real judgments on the phone. That said, if wifi is a dealbreaker for you, there's also the Atlas and the Storm 2 coming soon for Verizon.
    05-21-09 07:59 AM
    Whatever OS you're running now, it's most likely a very early beta, so I would definitely wait until the final release OS comes out before making any real judgments on the phone. That said, if wifi is a dealbreaker for you, there's also the Atlas and the Storm 2 coming soon for Verizon.
    Ahh yes, the mysterious Atlas
    05-21-09 09:41 AM
    If your running an early build, say 4.7.1.20 and below, or 5.0.0.90 or below, you probably dont like it. But wait til its released, and you can grab official firmware. You wont be disappointed.
    05-21-09 09:52 AM
    If your running an early build, say 4.7.1.20 and below, or 5.0.0.90 or below, you probably dont like it. But wait til its released, and you can grab official firmware. You wont be disappointed.
    Why dont you hook him up with a nice, working OS?
    05-21-09 09:54 AM
    I have verizon right now. I have always loved verizons service and they have been oh so good to me. I sold my storm after 2 weeks cause it frustrated me so much. I have a tour right now and honestly I'm not the impressed by it. The new curve has wifi and seems like an all around better phone.

Do I keep mine and wait for the better software to come out or should I jump ship??
    As has been said, I doubt you have decent software, which is part of the problem. However if you want to switch to AT&T, do it, but don't go for the 8900. The 9000 is a much better device. Also, AT&T will be getting some of the very best devices RIM has to offer in the coming year. And I'm talking the very best. Also the newest, but the GSM lineup is completely awesome!!!!
    The 9630 is a great device in it's own right. With better software, you'd like it more.
    I would wait it out until the 9630 launches and then see if you like the finished product. If not, then make the switch and enjoy getting some kick **** devices that are in the pipeline.
    05-21-09 10:02 AM
    As has been said, I doubt you have decent software, which is part of the problem. However if you want to switch to AT&T, do it, but don't go for the 8900. The 9000 is a much better device. Also, AT&T will be getting some of the very best devices RIM has to offer in the coming year. And I'm talking the very best. Also the newest, but the GSM lineup is completely awesome!!!!
    The 9630 is a great device in it's own right. With better software, you'd like it more.
    I would wait it out until the 9630 launches and then see if you like the finished product. If not, then make the switch and enjoy getting some kick **** devices that are in the pipeline.
    I'd say this is the "year of the smartphone" from RIM
    05-21-09 10:15 AM
    I'd say this is the "year of the smartphone" from RIM
    From all of the stuff I have heard from you two, I would have to agree
    05-21-09 10:26 AM
    Trev, I would wait for the Tour if you are on VZ. Before even thinking about switching to AT&T make sure that you have good coverage wherever you will be using the phone. I have a Bold on AT&T and it is a super fine phone but AT&T in my area is not the best. I am sure that it is good elsewhere. I also have a Curve with VZ and am waiting for the Tour.
    05-21-09 10:40 AM
    how many times better are these devices compared to the tour, in your opinion. even if they're as good as you say, i don't think i'll have the patience to wait for them. BUT if there are that good, i could always switch to att in september and give my sister my tour.
    05-21-09 10:45 AM
    how many times better are these devices compared to the tour, in your opinion. even if they're as good as you say, i don't think i'll have the patience to wait for them. BUT if there are that good, i could always switch to att in september and give my sister my tour.
    Yeah, get the Tour and just kind of ride the waves, see where everything is falling into place. If you see something you want, leave the carrier and go get it The Tour is going to be my third different Berry in a year! lol
    05-21-09 11:25 AM
    Yeah, get the Tour and just kind of ride the waves, see where everything is falling into place. If you see something you want, leave the carrier and go get it The Tour is going to be my third different Berry in a year! lol
    yep, tour for more. i'm not gonna wait for the next best thing, i'm sick of waiting.
    05-21-09 11:33 AM
    I myself with be purchasing the tour it will be probably my last "3g device" or at least to end my contract on.

I have to say if at&t rolls out there fast network before verizon. I would definetly be curious to try it its just personally verizon service has worked for me and at&t didn't during my iPhone time. I am really not bashing at&t. When I was in a couple major citys I really loved the service on my iPhone. I guess I will have to just see how the networks pan out.

I like verizon a ton but I want poeple to know that my money go's with what works and I am not a "verizon fanboy" as some might say haha
    05-21-09 03:05 PM
    hey cx... How amazing are these devices?... im thinking of jumping ship to att for the bold (although im torn because i want the tour too ) so the newest and best BB's will be going to ATT first then i assume? if so that could affect my decision to go back to ATT..
    05-21-09 04:40 PM
    I myself with be purchasing the tour it will be probably my last "3g device" or at least to end my contract on.

I have to say if at&t rolls out there fast network before verizon. I would definetly be curious to try it its just personally verizon service has worked for me and at&t didn't during my iPhone time. I am really not bashing at&t. When I was in a couple major citys I really loved the service on my iPhone. I guess I will have to just see how the networks pan out.

I like verizon a ton but I want poeple to know that my money go's with what works and I am not a "verizon fanboy" as some might say haha

EXACTLY DUDE! thats why i believe im going to have to switch back to att... they always get the best devices and in my area and the areas i go to. ATT and verizon are equal in every way. I agree that verizon as much as i love it.. tends to have this attitude about the network which is amazing dont get me wrong... But if im always having the oldest phones who get released a year after their GSM equivalent.. kinda puts me in a bad mood. I like new phones
    05-21-09 04:42 PM
    EXACTLY DUDE! thats why i believe im going to have to switch back to att... they always get the best devices and in my area and the areas i go to. ATT and verizon are equal in every way. I agree that verizon as much as i love it.. tends to have this attitude about the network which is amazing dont get me wrong... But if im always having the oldest phones who get released a year after their GSM equivalent.. kinda puts me in a bad mood. I like new phones

I still will stand by my statement to not leave a phone service for a phone though. I have seen many many people come disgruntled because the service they chose stunk in there area because they wanted a phone. If at&t works in your area and then choose a phone they have based on the fact you want at&t. If verizon is good in your area or better then choose a phone they have because ultimately a phone is only as good as the service you have for it.
    05-21-09 04:49 PM
    But with LTE rolling out in a few years and most companies using that, wont the whole "this phone wont work on this network" get put to rest so that RIM only develops LTE and every provider is on a level playing field (phone wise)?
    05-21-09 04:55 PM
    But with LTE rolling out in a few years and most companies using that, wont the whole "this phone wont work on this network" get put to rest so that RIM only develops LTE and every provider is on a level playing field (phone wise)?

Depends because at&t will be a while before its LTE they are rolling out a faster network but verizon is going straight to LTE....

It will be a while before all services run the same network.
    05-21-09 04:59 PM
    Depends because at&t will be a while before its LTE they are rolling out a faster network but verizon is going straight to LTE....

It will be a while before all services run the same network.
    Yeah, but since the future will be LTE doesn't make sense that RIM would spend more time developing those phones more than newer GSM phones?

Maybe VZW will have the upper edge for once and get the last laugh
    05-21-09 05:04 PM
    I still will stand by my statement to not leave a phone service for a phone though. I have seen many many people come disgruntled because the service they chose stunk in there area because they wanted a phone. If at&t works in your area and then choose a phone they have based on the fact you want at&t. If verizon is good in your area or better then choose a phone they have because ultimately a phone is only as good as the service you have for it.
    lucky for me ATT and verizon are completely equal... the only reason i left ATT was because a gf of mine had vzw and that was before unlimited text plans (costed me a fortune in overages every month).. if it wasnt for that id still be ATT.. so lucky for me the only major choice is what phone i want .
    05-21-09 05:17 PM
    Yeah, but since the future will be LTE doesn't make sense that RIM would spend more time developing those phones more than newer GSM phones?

Maybe VZW will have the upper edge for once and get the last laugh

yes and no.. truthfully even though the networks are being rolled out farely quickly it will be a while for all the handsets to jump over...

I believe I even read somewhere that voice will still be carried over verizons current 3g network for the next decade... and they will more then likely lower data costs on there current network when lte does go out..

RIM is probably working on LTE devices as we speak that doesn't mean they will see the light of day anytime soon. There is still a huge market in current technology to dump it. Truth is your probably looking at 5 years or so before there is a multitude of handsets that support LTE... (not just rim)

I also read somewhere that there is other things that will come stock with a LTE chip in it such as cameras and things.

In a realistic sense just look at how long REV A took to be completely common or at&t's 3g even though the networks were well into the race it took a really long time for most handsets to support them and there is even some current handsets that still use edge....

So yes the rollout is soon but handsets will be a while.
    05-21-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD