Has anyone using a (Sprint) Blackberry Tour had any complaints from the party on the other end stating that you sound "muffled" even when speaking CLEARLY into the microphone? (I've even gone as far as taking the Silicon Case I had on mine off, just to make sure it wasn't covering the mic, and tried disabling the "Audio Enhancements" feature, but still no luck.)

I'm SERIOUSLY considering switching back to my Blackberry Curve strictly because of this issue (and this is the SECOND Blackberry Tour I have had with the same complaint.)

I've tried speaking with multiple people (different carriers) just to make sure it wasn't a fluke (possible bad cell connection) and been told the same thing by all...

Wondering if anyone else has experienced (and / or is experiencing this issue?)
    08-25-09 06:41 AM
    I have had the complaint randomly, saying it sounded funny or not as clear. I tend to use a headset now when I am around the house or driving, and the call quality is fine, no complaints.
    08-25-09 06:59 AM
    08-25-09 07:42 AM
    Thanks, didn't even notice the thread, searched for "Mic" but tis' a bit early and didn't think to search for "Muffled"...please delete thread if necessary! Thanks!
    08-25-09 08:01 AM
    I have the same issue; the microphone sounds very muffled. I called my carrier TELUS to complian buth they claim no such issues but I am seeing many posts with regards to same problem. Duhhh! They offered to replace with a new one; but I am sure it will be the same based on all the reports I found online. Most people are not realizing that they even have this problem. Unfortuanately, I may even switch back to my PEARL which has the best clarity!

SUMMARY: Very poor quality control on the newer BLACKBERRY'S! I guess that what happens when you start making them overseas instead of the original models that were made in Canada.

08-25-09 10:41 PM
    Neighbor of mine had the same issue and I fixed hers. Not saying it will definitely work but give it a shot.

Here you go. Forgot I was on 4.7. Good luck. Post in thread if it works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/fixed-muffled-call-issue-device-301820/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cereal killer; 08-25-09 at 10:58 PM.
    08-25-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD