This might be a silly question, but is the tour like the storm sporting a micro-USB? I really don't want to have to change all of my chargers.
    Thanks!
    06-27-09 04:02 PM
    This might be a silly question, but is the tour like the storm sporting a micro-USB? I really don't want to have to change all of my chargers.
    Thanks!
    Yes, it is micro USB.
    06-27-09 04:05 PM
    Yes, it is micro USB.
    Thank you very much
    06-27-09 04:06 PM
    I was wondering this as well. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 04:34 PM
    I'm almost 100% certain that all of the newer devices coming out will all be the micro USB port.

06-27-09 05:01 PM
    I'm almost 100% certain that all of the newer devices coming out will all be the micro USB port.

I was also told that they are trying to push micro usb for all phones including dumb phones ...
    06-27-09 05:31 PM
    I would love it if they standardized the charging port on all future bbs to micro-USB. Compatible with my kindle2 too. Added Bonus
    06-27-09 05:35 PM
    I was also told that they are trying to push micro usb for all phones including dumb phones ...
    Open Mobile Terminal Platform

as I pointed out in another thread on this basic topic

the microUSB has been made the standard moving forward by a consortium of Mobile phone manufactures. so you can put faith in that MOST phones moving forward will use this standard, the only ones that might not would probably be Apple and Sony as both company's are known to not want to follow standards until forced to.
    06-27-09 07:24 PM
    Open Mobile Terminal Platform

as I pointed out in another thread on this basic topic

the microUSB has been made the standard moving forward by a consortium of Mobile phone manufactures. so you can put faith in that MOST phones moving forward will use this standard, the only ones that might not would probably be Apple and Sony as both company's are known to not want to follow standards until forced to.
    Exactly right, and RIM wanted to comply with this way before it became standard as well All devices going forward will be MicroUSB.
    06-27-09 07:26 PM
    Yep Micro usb should be considered the standard. Majority of the cell phone makers have agreed to make micro sd their standard. Hopefully it wont change anytime soon.
    06-27-09 07:28 PM
    I predict a super mini USB coming out soon. What you have to understand, is the only reason they do this, is so everyone has to buy new accessories. Do you really think that changing the charger from the 1st gen iphone to the second gen version was vital to the operation of the phone? No, that just means X amount of millions of car chargers sold, times 20 bucks a pop or whatever they cost.
    06-27-09 07:40 PM
    I predict a super mini USB coming out soon. What you have to understand, is the only reason they do this, is so everyone has to buy new accessories. Do you really think that changing the charger from the 1st gen iphone to the second gen version was vital to the operation of the phone? No, that just means X amount of millions of car chargers sold, times 20 bucks a pop or whatever they cost.

Well right now it is a transition period, changing the size of the charge will make a difference in a few years down the road, at which time the standard will have been in a place for a long time, there is always trasition periods, like when we moved from VHS to DVD and movie rental shops slowly phased in DVD's then slowly phased out VHS's this is what is/has happened with charging points and data transfer.

I suspect we'll have a new standard in 2 or 3 years as USB 3.0 gets finalized, or another data transmission standard is developed with better power utilization.
    06-27-09 07:53 PM
    Wireless Charging Ftfw!
    06-27-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD