Does anyone know if the Tour accepts Micro SD HC cards? I ordered an 8gb card of Amazon and got it last night only to notice that it's an SD HC. Don't really know what the difference is, I hope someone here does. Thanks!
    07-14-09 09:39 AM
    It comes with a 2gig card installed but not sure if the one that it comes with is MicroSDHC. I would suspect that it'll accept the SDHC card.
    07-14-09 09:40 AM
    The Tour should accept up to (in theory of course) a 32gb MicroSD card.
    I believe the HC just stand for High Capacity which is any MicroSD card over 2 or 4 gigs.
    07-14-09 10:00 AM
    I believe the HC just stand for High Capacity which is any MicroSD card over 2 or 4 gigs.
    SDHC is a different addressing format, devices must specifically support it. The Tour does.
    07-14-09 10:02 AM
    SDHC is a different addressing format, devices must specifically support it. The Tour does.
    you are both right though.

the HC is "high capacity"

BUT, it does read them differently...when i had my lg voyager, it would not take a sdhc only sd
    07-14-09 10:07 AM
    I have a 16GB in mine now works fine
    07-14-09 10:08 AM
    Same here... 16GB works great.
    07-14-09 11:05 AM
    so what would be the best one to get?
    07-14-09 03:24 PM
    Does anyone know if the Tour accepts Micro SD HC cards? I ordered an 8gb card of Amazon and got it last night only to notice that it's an SD HC. Don't really know what the difference is, I hope someone here does. Thanks!
    I bought a San Disk 16gb card from Amazon.

The tour will take 32gb cards, but they do not make them yet.
    07-14-09 03:27 PM
    you are both right though.

the HC is "high capacity"

BUT, it does read them differently...when i had my lg voyager, it would not take a sdhc only sd
    My daughter has a VZW Voyager and I gave her my 2gb card that came with my Tour. It worked fine.
    07-14-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD