I'm new to this whole Blackberry thing so forgive me if this is a question that's already been asked a million times. I searched and didn't find anything.

I have a BB Tour with the latest operating system 5.something. I bought an external memory card for it that says it's a Micro SD HC 16GB card. I haven't been able to pinpoint when it happens, but all of the sudden My BB will tell me I've inserted a card that has errors and asks if I want to repair it. Then will ask something about lost clusters or something. I say yes to everything and sometimes that's enough, but sometimes it tells me it can't be repaired and then the phone doesn't seem to recognize it at all. When i put the card in my laptop it's fine but I notice that some pics look damaged.

Do I have a bad card or am I doing something wrong? I can give more details if that helps too. I've done a complete format and several quick formats on it using my laptop. Please help!

Thanks so much!
    06-27-10 10:15 PM
    it could the brand of sd card your using, blackberrys are picky somtimes. make sure its a quality name brand and not a ****ty 2 dollar ebay no name
    06-27-10 10:29 PM
    did u transfer all your files on your old sd card to the new one?

u should transfer everything from the old card to the new one to start off
    06-27-10 10:44 PM
    I did get it on ebay but it wasn't the cheapest one out there. That's probably what the problem is. I didn't know if the HC wasn't compatible or something.

Mikey, I didn't have an old memory card to transfer files from.

Thanks for the help!
    06-28-10 08:24 AM
    i got the same thing yesterday when i swapped from my Tour to my replacement Bold that VZW has been gracing everyone with

I said yes to everything and it worked the first time and i haven't had any problems since. My card is the one that came with my Tour. just a 2gb
    06-28-10 12:44 PM
    I have an original Tour that I got last July. After the latest OS upgrade (732) I started getting the same media card error message. I see it about every 2nd or 3rd time I do a reboot. I'm assuming it's an OS bug of some sort. At least I hope it is.

Mine is able to do the repair each time by answering yes > yes, but still... it's got me a bit unnerved.
    06-29-10 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD