I was just wondering if there is anyway to request for a METAL battery door to be developed for the Tour. Maybe something similar to the Storm or even a leather door like the bold.

I have a sprint Tour and this battery cover is the worst idea rim/sprint made on this release. The Verizon Tour's battery cover is a lot better but a Metal or Leather door would make my life great.

How do you guy feel about this?
    08-15-09 10:59 AM
    I actually like the look of the battery cover on mine. I actually didn't like the leather back on the Bold, looked and felt cheesy to me. Metal might be cool, maybe titanium so it doesn't make it heavy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 11:11 AM
    yeah the sprints battery cover door is by far the worst cheepest looking cover on there phone. i don't think anyone makes a metal door for it yet, but you can go on e-bay and buy the verizon battery cover door though
    08-15-09 11:14 AM
    Brushed dark-coloured metal like the Storm would be great.

There is a silver metal door on the way. You can see it on the Blackberry.com website. (I don't care for it myself, but you might!)

08-15-09 11:16 AM
    If you could request it, you probably couldn't do it through a forum that isn't really affiliated with RIM. Maybe head over to their website and see if there's a way to get in touch with them if you want an authentic metal door cover. You can suggest it, that doesn't mean they will develop it.
    08-15-09 11:17 AM
    Brushed dark-coloured metal like the Storm would be great.

There is a silver metal door on the way. You can see it on the Blackberry.com website. (I don't care for it myself, but you might!)

Yeah I was on Blackberry's website earlier today. buy the looks of it blackberry is only going to be selling the Sprint version of the battery door. which I think is only worth a $1. I will never pay $20 the that crap
    08-15-09 11:20 AM
    If you could request it, you probably couldn't do it through a forum that isn't really affiliated with RIM. Maybe head over to their website and see if there's a way to get in touch with them if you want an authentic metal door cover. You can suggest it, that doesn't mean they will develop it.
    Well I would never waste my time requesting anything from RIM. I actually think this is the best way to request something like a metal battery cover. maybe a third party developer see this tread and the demand for it. I really dont think RIM cares
    08-15-09 11:23 AM
    Metal door like on the storm 2 would be cool.

08-15-09 11:27 AM
    The door on the storm 2 is almost identical to the one on the first storm
    08-15-09 11:47 AM
    I actually like the look of the battery cover on mine. I actually didn't like the leather back on the Bold, looked and felt cheesy to me. Metal might be cool, maybe titanium so it doesn't make it heavy.

Aluminum or Titanium at that size would be next to nothing. You wouldn't be able to notice it.
    08-15-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD