I am having problems with my messenger freezing up on my Tour. It started with the most recent update. It will work fine but then randomly it will not allow me to open current chats. (I can still scroll through names on my list, so the whole screen isn't frozed, I just can't click on anything.) The only thing I can do to "fix" it is a hard reset of my phone, but then its just a matter of time before it freezes again. Happens daily at least.

Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for any insight!
    01-14-10 08:54 AM
    Mine only does this when I send a mass text to my XBox 360 group. Which has about 280 contacts. If yours does this on the regular for just single text messages, you may want to try downgrading the OS. What OS version did you update to?
    01-14-10 09:20 AM
    Its not my text, it is Blackberry Messenger. And the update that affected it was a Blackberry Messenger update.
    01-14-10 02:57 PM
    Try and delete BBM and reinstall it, Its a Pain but it should help
    01-14-10 03:58 PM
    Hi,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 running on a v5.0.0.321 (Platform 5.1.0.90) and my Blackberry Messenger 5.0.0.57 keeps freezing/hanging up. When it does this I can not open any conversation threads, send or receive new messages.

I eventually end up doing a battery pull and then rebooting my blackberry to get it working again. Sometimes this happens 3-5 times a day and sometimes once a week.

I have deleted and reinstalled the blackberry messenger application about 3 times and that has not worked.

Suggestions and solutions would be most welcome!

Thx
    02-27-10 06:57 AM
    Did you make sure your permissions are all set to allow?
    02-27-10 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD