I currently have two email addresses that forward email to my BB, a gmail account and my school email. I have my SMS and MMS in a separate folder than my emails.

I like keeping the emails from both addresses separate from each other, so when I get an email I generally check it from the folders that are created for each email addy, rather than the catch-all messages folder.

However, on more than a few occasions, my email alert will go off, and when I check my BB, the only icon that shows a new email is the catch-all messages folder. If I check the individual folders, the email is there, but the folder didn't indicate a new email. I at first assumed this is just how BB's work (since this is my first one) but there have been other occasions where the notification pops up on the separate folder, rather than the catch-all one.

Does anyone know why this happens? And if theres a way to fix it? Thanks.
    07-15-09 10:27 PM
    No idea why this is happening, but there are a couple of good berry 'catchall' solutions. 1 - Always do a battery pull before deciding that you have a problem. No idea why, but this will solve 98% of the problems that you will experience. Also a healthy thing to do on a regular basis. 2 - resend your service books. Service books are what allow your different email accounts and things like to Facebook work on your berry. For simplicity sake, call your service provider and ask for them to be resent. Will only take a few minutes and should reset your accounts, maybe fixing this problem. Good Luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 05:46 PM
    same problem! any solutions?
    07-23-09 08:21 PM
    i'm having this problem too. Def a software issue though
    07-31-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD