In my previous OS 4.7 I could hit 'r' while highlighting a message in Messages and it would open it and reply, it appears in the new 5.0 you have to click the message open yourself, then hit R to reply - is there a new shortcut for quick-replies?

Also, in 4.7 when I would escape from an un-sent SMS message, it would ask me if I want to Save/Discard/Cancel, and in the new 5.0 it just auto-saves. Very annoying.

I hate this because I never want to save and if I escape, then hit delete, it deletes the entire thread not just the un-sent message. Is there a new shortcut for discarding a message that doesn't require hitting the full menu key, scrolling up to Clear Field, clicking, then backing out? My old method was just a quick escape -> 'd'. Cleared.

What is weird is I still get the old Save/Discard/Cancel when escaping from Emails, so I feel like maybe there is a setting somewhere that I haven't found to retain that for SMS.
    04-04-10 02:46 PM
    I'm running .591 if I open a message and hit "r" it opens and I can reply. It's working for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 03:33 PM
    To the OP, are you talking about SMS or Email?
    04-04-10 04:05 PM
    on mine it works for email but not for sms/mms
    04-04-10 04:23 PM
    Ok, here it is.. "R" will reply to email, bbm, mms. It will not reply to sms without opening the message.
    04-04-10 04:24 PM
    To the OP, are you talking about SMS or Email?
    SMS.

I understand I can open it and hit R to reply, but the quick-reply by hitting R without opening it was nice to have. I can live with that.

The inability to quickly discard a message is kind of annoying, wish that was a toggleable option or something.
    04-04-10 08:40 PM
    Yep. That's the way it works. You will just have to get used to it.
    04-04-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD