There is the general mailbox that receives all my email, texts, and missed calls.

Is there a way to delete this mailbox or at least turn it off?

I don't want to know if anything is in there. If something is in there, it's also located somewhere else, so it's just unnecessary duplication.

Am I making any sense? Help me turn this off or at least stop missed calls from going in a mailbox. The SEND screen is enough for me.

Thanks!!!
    09-08-09 02:26 PM
    PHONE > OPTIONS > CALL LOGGING > Check NONE

SMS and MMS > OPTIONS > GENERAL OPTIONS > SMS AND EMAIL INBOXES > set to SEPARATE
    09-08-09 02:36 PM
    The above post doesn't stop messages from going into the (for lack of a better term) "general" messages folder - which can't be done. Best you can do is hide it.
    09-08-09 03:01 PM
    There is the general mailbox that receives all my email, texts, and missed calls.
    The above post doesn't stop messages from going into the (for lack of a better term) "general" messages folder - which can't be done. Best you can do is hide it.
    On the Tour, the SMS and MMS mailbox can be set to only receive text messages without the missed calls being pushed, while the MESSAGES mailbox will receive PIN and e-mail messages. The voicemail alerts are received as text messages and will continue to arrive in the SMS and MMS mailbox. To a degree, you are separating your mailboxes. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    09-08-09 03:22 PM
    On the Tour, the SMS and MMS mailbox can be set to only receive text messages without the missed calls being pushed, while the MESSAGES mailbox will receive PIN and e-mail messages. The voicemail alerts are received as text messages and will continue to arrive in the SMS and MMS mailbox. To a degree, you are separating your mailboxes. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Okay, more info as I was probably a bit vague before:

I have one mailbox labeled SMS and MMS. I get texts and VM indications here
    I have another mailbox labeled GMAIL. This is where my GMail account gets pushed to.
    I have another mailbox labeled Messages, which is just pure evil if you ask me.
    In here, I get GMAIL (again for some unknown reason) as well as missed call indicators. I'm not sure why I need the missed call indicator as I also get that in my SEND screen. The separating the mailbox eliminated the texts from going in here too (thank you).

I'll try the other suggestion and thanks for your help and any future advice.
    09-08-09 04:37 PM
    The Call Logging thing worked!

Thanks all!
    Last edited by Rutland; 09-08-09 at 04:47 PM.
    09-08-09 04:44 PM
    i have everything come to my messages folder. all others are hidden.
    09-08-09 04:50 PM
    What driphter said! The MESSAGES folder works out for me because I have 3 e-mail accounts and I can access all my e-mails from one place, rather than going into 3 separate folders. However, if you want to utilize the Enhanced Gmail functions, you have to access the GMAIL folder. Otherwise, bury your icons in a folder somewhere or hide them.
    09-08-09 05:41 PM
    If you turn off call logging on the Tour, will you still get the little missed call icon in the header portion of the home screen?
    09-08-09 08:50 PM
    Yes! I do.
    09-08-09 09:40 PM
    I just noticed that this morning. I like having just the SMS/MMS icon on my home screen. And as long as the little missed calls icon is in the top dock, or whatever you want to call it, I know I can hit the "sebd" button to see those missed calls.
    09-09-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD