Finally I am getting sometime to really play with the Tour and one thing that is happening on several occasions is that I have an envelope on top of the screen indicating that there is a message unread and after scouring through all the mailboxes I find that their are no messages and the only remedy to fix this is to do a battery pull...

called Tech Support and they dont know about this issue...

anyone else have this going on?
    07-15-09 07:48 PM
    I just had this issue, and here are a couple possible solutions if you didn't already find a resolution:

1. Check your "saved" messages (open messages, go to menu, go to folders, and saved messages). Possibly something saved there.

2 . Battery pull

3. If neither of those work, connect to DM, do a backup, and then go to advanced and clear your messages (messages, SMS, MMS).

Hope this helps!
    07-27-09 08:38 PM
    Missed calls are notorious for being the culprits. Go to messages folder and hit "u" for any unread message...
    07-27-09 08:42 PM
    I know it sounds silly, but if you do a battery pull, leave it out a few minutes and replace. The ghost message is almost always gone for me. Try it. Gluck!
    07-27-09 08:51 PM
    Finally I am getting sometime to really play with the Tour and one thing that is happening on several occasions is that I have an envelope on top of the screen indicating that there is a message unread and after scouring through all the mailboxes I find that their are no messages and the only remedy to fix this is to do a battery pull...

called Tech Support and they dont know about this issue...

anyone else have this going on?
    I have the same issue and initially took my first Tour back to Verizon, they said they had never seen this and didn't know what was causing it. They offered a swap and I took the second one and still have the same issue. I am a new BB user and I'm really getting into it but my expectations were a new phone should work properly and be fully supported. I still have not found a way to correct this. Input is appreciated.
    08-03-09 09:32 PM
    did you ignore a call and delete your call list before marking it open? i did that a few days ago and had the stupid little phone w/ the x on it for like a day
    did a few restarts and it was gone. just try to make sure you open or mark everything open.
    go to your messages go all the way to the top
    blackberry button and mark prior opened
    see if that works
    08-04-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD