I picked up my tour the other day and love it so far, except for this one problem. Whenever I receive a message, BBM, SMS, MMS, Email, I get the message indicator with the envelope at the top, but i do not get a red star on my folders until i go to the full menu. I uninstalled QuickPull pro and it went away after reboot, but then the issue came back. I uninstalled BuzzMe, and now I'm waiting to see if the problem is resolved.

Anyone else having this issue?
    07-21-09 10:17 AM
    Try a battery pull
    07-21-09 10:19 AM
    battery pull only fixes it temporarily. however, it just stopped working again.

Apps Installed
    AIM
    BBM
    EmpowerCentral/SMS popup (just uninstalled..rebooting now)
    Facebook
    Ubertwitter
    Google Talk
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile
    Google Sync
    Myverizon
    Pandora (was happening before i installed)

3 email accounts
    gmail
    work email
    virginia tech email
    07-21-09 11:24 AM
    did you go thru all the options, sounds like an options issue.. almost.
    07-21-09 11:43 AM
    if the options were messed up it wouldn't work after battery pull..

I'm going to restore to factory defaults, if it still happens the phone is defective
    07-21-09 12:12 PM
    if the options were messed up it wouldn't work after battery pull..

I'm going to restore to factory defaults, if it still happens the phone is defective
    did you ever find a fix for this?
    07-31-09 04:55 PM
    I am having the same issue. There is a new message indicator on the top of the screen but it doesnt tell me which folder it is in. I have to manually look. Kind of a pain. And a side note. It only happens on the home screen. If i have the full menu open the message indicator is on the appropriate screen.
    08-09-09 11:15 AM
    I was having the same problem. Would correct after a batter pull then start happening again. Thought maybe it was related to berrypopup. Wiped the handheld and it still happened. This morning, after a battery pull, i got the starts but then they didnt go away after I opened the messages. So, for this and a few other reasons including trackball, I went to verizon and replaced the device. I'll let you know if I still have the same problem.
    08-09-09 12:56 PM
    I have this same issue! I was just noticing the other day that I will have the indicator but it won't show me which folder the message is in! I have Berrybuzz installed... is this the culprit? So glad to hear I'm not the only one.
    08-09-09 03:10 PM
    Go to any message folder (email or SMS).
    Click menu button, go to options, general options, find "display new message indicator". Make sure it's on yes. Should make it show the red star.
    Hope this helps.
    08-09-09 03:19 PM
    Go to any message folder (email or SMS).
    Click menu button, go to options, general options, find "display new message indicator". Make sure it's on yes. Should make it show the red star.
    Hope this helps.
    These are all on which is why I am questioning why the red star isn't showing the folder the message is in. I think we're beyond just a setting issue.
    08-09-09 04:03 PM
    OK so now I am on my 3rd tour, exchanged yesterday. The problem with the star not showing up started happening a few days ago on my second tour. Now with no 3rd party apps on the new one I am still having the same problem. I get new message indicators via the small icons across the top but the large icons on the bottom do not get the star. When I do a battery pull it works for a few minutes then the stars stop showing up. I am at a loss.
    08-10-09 09:46 AM
    My wife had something similar on her Tour. On hers the messages were showing up in a different folder, so the star wasn't showing up on the messages folder. For hers I had to go in under options in Messages, then changed the SMS and Email Inboxes to combined. It was marked as separate, so that created a separate folder which had the star on. This may not be the same thing, but just another thing to double check. My Storm with the combined as default, but I guess the Tour has it as Separate as default.
    08-10-09 10:25 AM
    OK so now I am on my 3rd tour, exchanged yesterday. The problem with the star not showing up started happening a few days ago on my second tour. Now with no 3rd party apps on the new one I am still having the same problem. I get new message indicators via the small icons across the top but the large icons on the bottom do not get the star. When I do a battery pull it works for a few minutes then the stars stop showing up. I am at a loss.
    i'm gonna just assume it's a software issue.... i resent service books and did a battery pull last week.... everything was working fine. but then last night it happened again...
    08-11-09 10:19 AM
    barryloy, I'm not sure if your fix works, but I prefer NOT to combine my folders.. this isn't the behavior on my Curve unless you turn the screen on and the cursor is on that particular mail folder.

So annoying....
    08-11-09 10:30 AM
    Hi guys my first posting so bare with me.

I was having this same problem. I'm on T mobile / Blackberry curve 8900

I have managed to fix the problem for good on my phone - hope it works for you.

Try - options >Advanced Options>Accessibility>Grid Layout> Default.

For some strange reason, if you switch the grid layout to any other configuration except for default on most BB Phones you will encounter problems with the Red Star not showing on the bottom icons in the home page.

Switch to grid layout default and it should work like a charm.

Hope this helps.
    11-19-09 07:12 AM
    Hi guys my first posting so bare with me.

I was having this same problem. I'm on T mobile / Blackberry curve 8900

I have managed to fix the problem for good on my phone - hope it works for you.

Try - options >Advanced Options>Accessibility>Grid Layout> Default.

For some strange reason, if you switch the grid layout to any other configuration except for default on most BB Phones you will encounter problems with the Red Star not showing on the bottom icons in the home page.

Switch to grid layout default and it should work like a charm.

Hope this helps.
    11-19-09 08:19 AM
    my money says your rocking an unofficial OS...
    this has happened to me since I downloaded the 5.0.0.230 OS

my message's red star won't appear if i simply hit the end key, because i'm still in that thread of messages. if i simply make sure to back out, it works fine. my UberTwitter red star is fine, all emails are fine (unless i do the same thing i mentioned above)
    11-19-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD