On my Tour... I noticed that there are times I do not get an audible when the phone is charging. Whether it's with the home charger the phone came with or a car charger (from Verizon), the majority of the time, I do not hear the alert when a message comes in.

This has happened to me with all of my Tours (on my 3rd replacement).

I do not have any custom ring tones/alerts. All the alerts I use are the ones that come with the phone. I don't have any 3rd party apps which would affect the tones.

Does anyone else experience or hear of this? If so... is there a fix to this?
    01-19-10 01:58 PM
    You may have it set to automatically go to beside mode when plugged up. This will be located under Clock>Options.
    01-19-10 02:01 PM
    you have your phone set to "bedside mode" when your phone is plugged into a charger dont you?

in that case, open up your "clock" hit menu, and select "options" scroll down to Bedside mode and make sure the option for Souns profile does NOT say "all alerts off"
    01-19-10 02:03 PM
    Thanks for the reply.... But I don't see an option for "automatically go to bedside mode when plugged". Here's what I have under clock options for bedside:
    Disable LED: Yes
    Disable Radio: No
    Dim Screen: Yes
    Sound Profile: Active Profile

Oh... I stand corrected (as I was writing this)
    Under "Clock":
    When Charging: Do Nothing
    01-19-10 02:06 PM
    Mine stays on "Display Clock"...not sure if that makes a difference.
    01-19-10 02:20 PM
    Mine stays on "Display Clock"...not sure if that makes a difference.
    Yeah mine says "Display Clock" and I still get my alerts.. try that
    01-19-10 02:27 PM
    I guess I will try "Display Clock". I had it to "Do Nothing" because I like to see my display screen when charging... and mostly, when I have it charging in the car, I use google maps alot.
    01-19-10 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD