I swear that this Tour is possessed. I would ask for confirmation as to whether or not I'm nuts, but it's quite possible I am nuts, thanks to the changes that the Tour has put me through. I'd almost swear that the phone used to alert me with 3 audible tones when receiving an incoming message. I changed the vibe settings for in-holster and now I only get 1 audible alert even when its not in the holster. I restored the default settings and I still can't get the 3 alerts back. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know how to get the Tour to alert more than 1 audible alert tone?

BTW, the alert I've been using is a whistle (cat call that's approx 1 sec in duration) that I have stored on my SD card. Also, what's up with the lag when scrolling through the ringtones? ...nothing's more annoying!
    08-21-09 12:23 AM
    Any chance you are using a different profile? For example, you adjusted you loud profile but have it on normal now?
    08-21-09 12:25 AM
    I thought of that. I've tried normal, medium and loud. All 3 profiles are the same with regards to the 1 alert. I did notice that on medium and loud, my e-mails alert me despite that fact that I have them set to 'silent' when in normal.
    08-21-09 12:31 AM
    Well that is strange. I recommend either reloading the OS or chicken soup for the BB(battery pull). I must admit that reloading the OS might be a bit much but it couldn't hurt. This didn't start after downloading any new programs did it?
    08-21-09 12:44 AM
    I did install Radio Saver. I also conducted a battery pull as well. I think it would behoove me to just tolerate this POS until there's an update and hope the new OS or the update will address all these anomalies. This thing is truly possessed! There's simply no rhyme or reason for the quirks that's been encountered. R.I.M. should be ashamed of themselves for releasing such a device in such a hurried fashion. Guess I'm the bigger fool for volunteering to be the guinea pig by rushing to get 'the new hot BlackBerry'. Should've stayed with the Curve.
    08-21-09 12:59 AM
    You can always go back to your Curve, or did you see if it would blend?
    08-21-09 01:05 AM
    Mine plays any alert it wants im used to it at this point
    08-21-09 01:45 AM
    same thing happened to me with my 8830......
    08-21-09 09:30 PM
    Keep in mind that the only default ringer profile you can actually modify is "normal." in this OS version anyway.
    08-21-09 09:40 PM
    My tour suddenly has custom profiles for all my contacts I try to go in and change it but it always goes back to whatever custom ring or alert it wants for different contacts. I never set up these custom profiles. Is there a way to shut off custom profiles?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 10:46 PM
    Keep in mind that the only default ringer profile you can actually modify is "normal." in this OS version anyway.
    RIGHT! I finally wrapped my brain around that. The profiles were designed to be SET in the 'normal' setting with the 'medium' and 'loud' being the same profile essentially, just louder. However, that doesn't work as expected. In normal, I have set my (3) e-mail accounts to mute / no vibe, and it works just fine. In medium or loud, I get (1) random audible notification for my [muted] incoming e-mails; and in vibrate, I get (2) vibe alerts for my [no vibe / alert] incoming e-mails.

Now, I've noticed that regardless of the 'audible' profile I have set, I only get (1) alert, where I used to get (3). Looks like we just gotta hang-on till there's either an update or a new OS pushed out. Hopefully, either one will restore the customization abilities likening that of the Curve.
    08-24-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD