So it's been just about eight days since i got my Tour and i love it! one of the best phones i ever had.

my only problem is the memory, as far as i know it should come with 256 MB of space. that's to install programs and what not. first day i got the phone i remember going under "options" and i think it said i had like 128 MB free or something.

now that i'm starting to get used to the phone and after installing a few Apps my phone tell me that i only have 97.3 MB free???
    Only i really have installed is Blackberry App world, Pandora, Facebook App, MSN Messenger, Blackberry messenger and the games that come with the phone.

all my pictures, music and ring tones are in my MicoSD card. why do i only have that much left if it should be 256 MB total?
    I did install a weather app and that Barcode scan but i uninstalled them almost right after. now would the downloaded program be somewhere in the phone even tho the program is no longer installed?

Is there a place i can go into to see what's installed in the phones memory and how much space is everything taking???

Thanks for all of your help guys...
    12-04-09 09:13 AM
    The OS and preloaded apps take up part of that 256mb.
    12-04-09 09:34 AM
    In my experience, deleting an app doesn't always completely recover all the memory it used. One evidence of this is the Content Store size grows over time. You can see the size of the Content Store, and all the device databases, by running the Device Manager Advanced Backup and Restore functions. The databases are shown in the right frame. You can select the Content Store and click the Clear button to reduce it to its minimum size.

The one sure way to get rid of left behind program fragments is to wipe your device and reload it. If you do that after installing and deleting a number of apps, you may find your available Application Memory increases by several megabytes.
    12-04-09 09:59 AM
    Ok, the free memory left after several apps for me is just over 110 now coming from a curve 8330 where i strugled to keep it over 20 this is freaking outstanding, i too have only had my tour for a week, by far the best phone ive ever owned, i doubt i will ever travel overseas, but now i know i can a keep my phone working. lol
    12-04-09 10:21 AM
    For the record your phone will run as well with 2mb of app memory left as with 256mb . I know I havecome from a storm where memory was always a problem !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 12:03 PM
    For the record your phone will run as well with 2mb of app memory left as with 256mb . I know I havecome from a storm where memory was always a problem !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If your app memory drops below the 5mb (12 on older devices) then your device will start to lag, and may begin deleting messages/phone logs, etc, in order to keep enough free memory to to keep the OS running.
    12-04-09 01:12 PM
    I have a bunch of Apps on the phone and about 8 Apps running at the same time, having ~85-90mb of available memory & my tour runs great....a little laggy, but I chalk that up to me pressing too many buttons at the same time. I give it about 15seconds to recover
    12-04-09 01:34 PM
    In my experience, deleting an app doesn't always completely recover all the memory it used. One evidence of this is the Content Store size grows over time. You can see the size of the Content Store, and all the device databases, by running the Device Manager Advanced Backup and Restore functions. The databases are shown in the right frame. You can select the Content Store and click the Clear button to reduce it to its minimum size.

The one sure way to get rid of left behind program fragments is to wipe your device and reload it. If you do that after installing and deleting a number of apps, you may find your available Application Memory increases by several megabytes.
    I will look into that. thanks a lot for your help!
    12-04-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD