I've been searching on memory leaks for awhile now, and decided to ask CrackBerry Nation after not finding many answers.

Here's my issue;
    I've been using 5.0 in different flavors for awhile now including .230, .419, and Driphter's hybrids. Currently using the official .484 for Sprint. Using MeterBerry, on all of them, I lose 10 to 15 megs within 2 days or so.

I guess my 1st question is, am I being picky or do I have a memory leak?

Going more in depth I regularly use Berryweather, Berrybuzz, Meterberry, YouMail Visual Voicemail, Blurts Pro, and a basic Zen theme. They are all up to date and support 5.0.

Going deeper, I also have the following installed;
    Bank of America
    Crackberry Launcher (Duh!)
    ESPN Mobile
    NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
    Poynt
    Sprint TV
    Sprint Navigation
    Superpages Mobile
    UPS Mobile
    Facebook
    And the normal BlackBerry apps, maps, etc.

I haven't been able to pin the loss on anything so far. Any answers or suggestions?
    03-15-10 02:05 PM
    I'm sure someone else will have a better (and more Tour-specific) answer to this, but personally I find that BerryWeather tends to leak a bit - it didn't before my most recent update but now I'm losing roughly the same about you are (about 5mb/day). Prior to the update I was fairly steady (about a half meg/day or less if I didn't clear my cache) - needless to say I'm about roll back my version.

I'm not sure if there are any tour specific, 5.0 specific or other app specific issues here, but all things equal I would say that is the culprit.
    03-15-10 02:18 PM
    I have to say I didn't pay much attention when the BerryWeather update came out. I'd guess that it is probably the heaviest program I have.
    03-15-10 02:23 PM
    Some Themes, I Won't Say Most, But Some Do Cause A Memory Leak. Also, It Depends What Programs Your Running In The Background, If Your Running Apps That You Don't Need At That Moment, Just Close That App.

Also, The Newest Blackberry App World That Was Just Released Gives Me A Huge Memory Leak When I Run It, If You Have The Newest App World Installed, It Might Be That As Well.
    03-15-10 02:26 PM
    I've been searching on memory leaks for awhile now, and decided to ask CrackBerry Nation after not finding many answers.

Here's my issue;
    I've been using 5.0 in different flavors for awhile now including .230, .419, and Driphter's hybrids. Currently using the official .484 for Sprint. Using MeterBerry, on all of them, I lose 10 to 15 megs within 2 days or so.

I guess my 1st question is, am I being picky or do I have a memory leak?

Going more in depth I regularly use Berryweather, Berrybuzz, Meterberry, YouMail Visual Voicemail, Blurts Pro, and a basic Zen theme. They are all up to date and support 5.0.

Going deeper, I also have the following installed;
    Bank of America
    Crackberry Launcher (Duh!)
    ESPN Mobile
    NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
    Poynt
    Sprint TV
    Sprint Navigation
    Superpages Mobile
    UPS Mobile
    Facebook
    And the normal BlackBerry apps, maps, etc.

I haven't been able to pin the loss on anything so far. Any answers or suggestions?
    I think I'm a little obsessed with memory leak. I've used a bunch of flavors of 5.0 including some of the versions you've mentioned. I'm on 5.0.0.548 now, I use Meterberry and I've been starting with about 106mb and I lose about 3-5mb per day.

The only apps that I having running all the time are Weather Bug and Ubertwitter.

I also have loaded: I haven't loaded the sprint apps (NASCAR, NFL, SPRINT TV, etc)

Gmail app (not the plug-in)
    Google Maps
    Google Sync (I see a bit of a memory dip when it syncs but it comes back)
    Docs 2 go
    Pageonce personal assistant
    Berryjoose
    Call Blocker
    Dictionary.com app
    Flixster
    Maxmem (great little app for gaining memory)
    Meterberry
    Opera Mini 5 beta
    Pandora
    "where" Traffic
    Facebook
    3G for all Theme
    Last edited by pgrtag; 03-15-10 at 02:31 PM.
    03-15-10 02:28 PM
    Tagged....
    03-15-10 10:43 PM
    So after 18 hours (9 being sleeping hours on the charger), I'm down over 4 megs. I am now uninstalling BerryWeather and we'll see what happens.
    03-16-10 09:26 AM
    Time for an update.

I think I tracked down the leak to YouMail Visial Voicemail. However, I also upgraded to the latest .548 leak and the memory is even better. After 15.5 hours (some sleeping) I am only down 1.2 megs even while running Berry Weather. I also did very little "backup and restore" when upgrading to .548. I only restored contacts and speed dial info. Every other setting and every program was done from scratch after install. I feel that .548 is far more stable than the official .484 (and the linking problem some report is very minor).

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps someone.
    03-20-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD