So I bought meter berry because i wanted to see if i really do have a memory leak problem, and lo and behold.. i do.

I quickpulled my phone about 12 hours ago, and ive already lost 7.2 megs without doing anything. Is there any easier way to stop it aside from wiping hte phone and all of the apps?
    04-15-10 05:58 AM
    Check and see what apps you have running in the backgroundd by holding the BB buton. If you use ubertwitter or the BB twitter app that has caused a bad memory leak for me. I was losing 30mb a day and now with ubertwitter its about 20mb a day.
    04-15-10 09:25 AM
    Is your memory loss continuing, or has it stabilized? If it has stabilized, you don't need to do anything.
    04-15-10 09:28 AM
    technically, what is a "memory leak"? I know some apps run in the background but define "leak" for me.
    04-15-10 10:12 AM
    So I bought meter berry because i wanted to see if i really do have a memory leak problem, and lo and behold.. i do.

I quickpulled my phone about 12 hours ago, and ive already lost 7.2 megs without doing anything. Is there any easier way to stop it aside from wiping hte phone and all of the apps?
    7.2mb in 12 hours isnt really that bad of a memory leak. Lots of different things can cause them and custom themes are one of the biggest things to leak memory. I have one theme where I can sit at -0.2 mb all day and another theme that i will be down 10mb in a few hours. I think if i got up near 20 id do a battery pull but for 7.2 mb i wouldnt worry too much about it.
    04-15-10 10:28 AM
    On my Tour, leak was more pronounced with .591. Both .419 and .484 were better in this regard. In fact, I rarely notice much, if any, leak over a several day period running .484 now. A soft reset once or twice a week keeps things running happily on my Berry.
    04-15-10 10:41 AM
    technically, what is a "memory leak"? I know some apps run in the background but define "leak" for me.
    There's a definition and some useful tips in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/wh...y-leak-300497/
    04-15-10 11:40 AM
    thanks. I'll check it out.
    04-15-10 12:08 PM
    My meter berry isnt even set to notify me of memory issues until ive lost over 20mb. Thats usually when i start to notice a lag. Because my free memory at that point is around 68mb free.
    04-15-10 12:22 PM
    Is your memory loss continuing, or has it stabilized? If it has stabilized, you don't need to do anything.
    Since I last posted its now at -14.7MB lost.

The only app I can think of it being is my Google voice app.. thats the only thing i have constantly running
    04-15-10 12:31 PM
    7.2mb in 12 hours isnt really that bad of a memory leak. Lots of different things can cause them and custom themes are one of the biggest things to leak memory. I have one theme where I can sit at -0.2 mb all day and another theme that i will be down 10mb in a few hours. I think if i got up near 20 id do a battery pull but for 7.2 mb i wouldnt worry too much about it.
    Woah.. i didnt even think about that.. it might be my onyx theme with all the icons.
    04-15-10 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD