I've noticed my memory decreasing from 113.4, to 112.8, to now 111.7.

I only have ONE APP downloaded (BBM), and have not added any additional pictures (and even then, it's all on my Media Card). No apps were added, and no browsing was done. I even cleared out old apps I don't use.

Is this sign of a memory leak?
    11-15-09 07:04 PM
    Are you running stock theme?
    Any apps that arent closed and running in the background? Also what OS version are you running? There could be many reasons for memory leaks but from the figures you indicated above, really nothing to worry about. Just a good reboot or battery pull every few days will keep things running smooth and will keep your memory up there. Many seem to loose alot more memory than you are indicating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 07:36 PM
    Delete your text messages and **** from your phone. Especially when you recieve MMS. Even if you save the pic to your card, its still using your internal memory if you leave the text with the picutre in your inbox. So delete your text inbox, and email inbox and what not. then reboot.
    11-16-09 06:22 AM
    Memory leaks? Blackberries? Never!

I think the leaks are a given (if not,encouraged!) Because in the YEARS I have been using bb's, I have yet to find one that doesn't **** out the memory.

However, as posted above, a battery pull does wonders, deleting messages does too.

The most stable and slowest leak rate I ever had was with 5.0.0.230 I start out with around 107mb (I have a lot of apps) and over the course of the day I end up with around 99mb. Sometimes it bounces back up

On 4.7 I was down to 42mb after a day and a half of use, so..."5 point oh is the way to go!"

11-16-09 08:35 AM
    Thats exactly where I range from 114 to 118 everyday. It jumps around but I havent been close to under 100.
    11-16-09 12:43 PM
    I'm trying to figure this out for myself as well... upon a fresh start I'm at 113 and after a day or so I drop to 100. Not sure what's going on in there, but I'll worry about it if it hits 20 or so. Memory's there and there's really no reason to reclaim all that "missing" memory unless the phone becomes unresponsive.
    11-16-09 12:56 PM
    I have the same problem but after I deleted Facebook app, I noticed that it leaked a lot slower. I'm sure there's a program or two in there that's just slowly sucking the memory out of the phone.

Also keep in mind that all types of messages take up space. My 800+ messages is currently using 5mb.

11-16-09 02:41 PM
    It's fairly simple. If you really had a leak, your memory wouldn't stop dropping...
    11-16-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD