Do you believe about Tour has memory leak?

I did noticed it, when I saw 112 MB but went dropped to 98 MB in few hours, I was like hmm.... and why does I got memory leak issue.

I have several apps, not much, even not WeatherBug.
    07-19-09 03:45 PM
    Do you believe about Tour has memory leak?

I did noticed it, when I saw 112 MB but went dropped to 98 MB in few hours, I was like hmm.... and why does I got memory leak issue.

I have several apps, not much, even not WeatherBug.
    A lot of people are complaining about this--but I really don't think it's an issue. My memory randomly drops on my computer a lot and then when I turn it off than on again--it's there. It just has to do with how much work you're doing on the device.
    It's not actually gone forever. It's still there
    07-19-09 03:49 PM
    its not the "tour" that has a memory leak..

its more then likely one of the applications your using
    07-19-09 03:50 PM
    its weird my wifes tour has a huge leak. we have the same exact apps i actually have more and i have been at 107mb without a drop since wednesday when i got the phone and set it up. her phone only gets as high as 103 and before the end of the day she is at 0 its happend 3 times already where she has seen 0mb
    07-19-09 04:27 PM
    112MB to 96MB, and you're worried??

As long as your file free dosent drop to 5MB or less, you have nothing to worry about. At this point, there are no known reported issues regarding memory leaks. I doubt there will be...this phone was very well built.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 04:43 PM
    Download quick pull

07-19-09 04:50 PM
    Quick pull is good I run it when I'm asleep

07-19-09 05:12 PM
    Mine has stayed at 105MB for five days now with about ten apps installed.
    07-19-09 05:15 PM
    Quick pull is good I run it when I'm asleep

can you download quick pull pro for free? i read quick pull is free but they seem to charge $2.99 for quick pull pro?

where can i download this for free from my tour? thanks
    07-19-09 05:21 PM
    personally I think the opposite, I don't run many apps but on the 8830 I would notice my memory would always trickle down to 16MB free from 21 all the time and would only come back after a reboot, this just over the course of a few days of not doing much besides browsing, messaging and the occasional dabbling on AIM.

On the Tour it never really drops at all.
    07-19-09 05:31 PM
    I believe a given device uses, or ties up 8 to 12 mb and will have some memory variation. My jav with a similar processor and file free number, ranges between 125 and 98 mb. I don't think you have anything at all to worry about - sounds normal to me. Make sure you save all your media files to your card, close apps properly and do a reset (battery pull) every so often and you'll be fine.

07-19-09 05:34 PM
    Memory management will get better as RIM updates the OS. On the storm we had a leak or rather lack of memory recovery until version 151 of the OS.

07-19-09 05:36 PM
    112MB to 96MB, and you're worried??

As long as your file free dosent drop to 5MB or less, you have nothing to worry about. At this point, there are no known reported issues regarding memory leaks. I doubt there will be...this phone was very well built.

No, I'm concerned about Tour could end up to get 0 MB in few days, just like happened to Storm.
    07-20-09 03:13 AM
    No, I'm concerned about Tour could end up to get 0 MB in few days, just like happened to Storm.
    Get MeterBerry. You can set it to warn you when it drops below a certain number. It will also reboot your Tour at any scheduled time. There is also a "Recover Memory" or something like that button.

If you get in the habit of closing any apps like they are supposed to be closed, you shouldn't have any problems.
    07-20-09 06:19 AM
    I'm pretty sure I have a memory leak. I have just received my tour and I only installed MSN messenger and Telus navigator. I remember seeing 102mb but last night noticed I was at 84mb and this morning I'm at 76.4mb.
    08-04-09 10:53 AM
    You don't have a memory leak - this is normal...don't worry about it.

I'm pretty sure I have a memory leak. I have just received my tour and I only installed MSN messenger and Telus navigator. I remember seeing 102mb but last night noticed I was at 84mb and this morning I'm at 76.4mb.
    08-04-09 12:19 PM
    There is no such thing as a memory leak on the Tour. If it is dropping, then either you are running an App that is using memory constantly in the background...just turn it off. The proportion of people having memory issues is microscopic.
    08-04-09 12:56 PM

Actually it's not normal. I have over 20 apps, and over 8 running in the background and my memory never drops below 115MB, even after a few days. Either a program is eating his memory, or there's an issue with his device.
    08-04-09 12:57 PM

This is not normal. Since having the Tour new I had 120 memory and eventually been at 116 steady for a few months..

All of a sudden yesterday I lost from 116 to now 104.. I did install Poynt and noticed the drop in memory.. but after deleting that application my memory wont go back up to 116 anymore even with multiple battery pulls.
    10-08-09 06:53 AM
    well i have facebook and myspace and opera and bolt
    i only use facebook heavily
    when i turn it on i have about 121mb and in about an hour i have 116 but it doesnt drop much lower
    10-08-09 10:45 AM
    Eh, Smrtguard leaks my memory from time to time
    10-08-09 10:58 AM
    Are themes known to leak memory? I just installed a [no frills - minimalistic] theme. Prior to installation, I would drop approximately 15Mb over a 3 week period. Now, after installation, I drop 12Mb in 2 days. All other usage remains static and nothing is running in the background.
    10-08-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD