I hate to be THAT newb, but the very fact I've gone paws-up and quit doing independent research, speaks of my desperation...

Last night I managed to change my Tour password while in an Ambien haze.

I know... I know...

At any rate, while mountain biking this morning, I lost patience with trying to channel my inner Ambien password-setting self, and ended up doing a "wipe" (formerly unknown term to me), which, okay fine, I lost my contacts and text messages and settings... whatever... inconvenient, but "my bad"...

But to my horror, I am being denied what pictures I DID have saved to my inserted micro memory card, with the wiped Tour now asking for a password, in order to read the card.

So...

Help... ?
    Last edited by CKismet; 07-11-10 at 05:00 PM.
    07-11-10 04:26 PM
    Of course you are. The encryption hash is now gone and the code used top encrypt the card contents no longer exists.
    07-11-10 04:40 PM
    Of course you are. The encryption hash is now gone and the code used top encrypt the card contents no longer exists.
    You're saying the pictures were also wiped?
    Last edited by CKismet; 07-11-10 at 04:53 PM.
    07-11-10 04:49 PM
    No, the pictures weren't wiped, but without the password that encrypted them, you won't be able to recover them. That's for your protection. If the pictures are sensitive enough that you went to the trouble to password protect them, you'd hardly want someone to be able to view them by simply wiping your phone. RIM takes security seriously.
    07-11-10 05:16 PM
    No, the pictures weren't wiped, but without the password that encrypted them, you won't be able to recover them. That's for your protection. If the pictures are sensitive enough that you went to the trouble to password protect them, you'd hardly want someone to be able to view them by simply wiping your phone. RIM takes security seriously.
    Protected from myself; classic. :-)

Well thanks, to you both, and it looks I will need to pop another Ambien, re-create the scene of the password-changing crime, and perhaps sacrifice a chicken for good measure. Maybe it will come back to me. Stranger things have happened.

If all else fails... the camera feature still works! New pictures.
    Thanks again.
    07-11-10 05:21 PM
    Wish we had better news for you, but I like your spirit. There is so much beauty in this world as it is.........
    07-11-10 05:23 PM
    Wish we had better news for you, but I like your spirit. There is so much beauty in this world as it is.........
    Oh snap!!! I got it!!

For anyone in the future who may read this, to jog your memory, play the "ABC Game"... lie down, close your eyes, and slowly go through the alphabet... Your mind will connect the dots, when it stumbles upon the right word; the trigger, being the visual of the first letter of the word or name.

That said, I recited the alphabet like a mo' all day, to no avail, until trying it yet again (a glass of wine helped... heh), my mind connected a letter with a person I know, which piggy-backed into the nickname of his dog, and TADA! VIC-TO-RY!!

It's a happy day for me, and for chickens alike.
    07-11-10 06:45 PM
    Well, I guess your KISMET was to not have to start photography over from scratch.

Now, if the pics are not all that sensitive, you could not have security enabled for the sd card. That way, a password is not necessary and you and EVERYBODY can recover the photos the next time.

Ambien works well when I visit Europe and MY clock never resets.
    07-11-10 07:40 PM
    Absolutely amazing. I'll be sure to point to your post the next time I read "I got drunk last night and changed my password and now I can't remember it or my home address! Please Help!!"
    07-11-10 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD