I found a 16gb Class 2 memory card for my Tour and was wondering if it was worth buying. It's only $43!!
    Help please!!!
    10-25-09 09:38 PM
    Who is the maker of the card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 09:48 PM
    Sandisk is the maker
    10-25-09 09:53 PM
    buy it and while youre at it, you can buy me one too.
    but seriously, where did you find it?
    10-25-09 09:59 PM
    I found it on amazon.com
    10-25-09 10:02 PM
    sweet, thanks.
    10-25-09 10:03 PM

Here is the link to find the memory card
    Amazon.com: 16gb micro sd card
    10-25-09 10:04 PM
    great i just bought an 8 gig for $27 from bestbuy...
    10-26-09 07:18 AM
    Does it matter what class you put in your device....2,4,or 6?
    10-27-09 05:43 AM
    Does it matter what class you put in your device....2,4,or 6?
    The higher the class number, the faster access/read/write times. Will the everyday user notice? Maybe, maybe not. I purchased this card

Newegg.com - RiDATA Lightning Series 16GB Micro SDHC (MicroSD) Flash Card w/2 Adapters (SD/Mini SD/Mini SDHC) Model RDMICSDHC16G-LIG-2 - Flash Memory

a few months ago and and have had absolutely no problems. I might have had a free shipping coupon that made it even better. I figured to give this brand a rip due to the warranty, the included adaptes (not sure if I will ever need them), and what I was getting for the price. Happy hunting!

LuckyDad
    10-27-09 08:04 AM
    LuckyDad:

You got a 16gig CLASS 6 card? The Newegg site does not seem to be clear and when I go to their Ridata link, I see 4 gig! Maybe it's too early in the morning for me! (G)
    10-27-09 08:59 AM
    LuckyDad:

You got a 16gig CLASS 6 card? The Newegg site does not seem to be clear and when I go to their Ridata link, I see 4 gig! Maybe it's too early in the morning for me! (G)
    I just checked the link again and it takes you to the 16 gb micro sd card. Once there, click on the specifications tab (near the upper right side) and it gets into the details, such as class speed, etc. That is the card I have in my tour.
    10-27-09 09:13 AM
    Definitely get the 16 gig card. You wont regret it. Especially at the price.
    10-27-09 11:27 AM
    Ebay typically has the best prices on memory cards.
    10-27-09 09:27 PM
    Definitely get the 16 gig card. You wont regret it. Especially at the price.
    I'm waiting for the 32gb card to drop. I've discovered that I can put full feature films on my device and watch them on road trips. I feel like I would fill up a 16 pretty quickly. Any word on when they will be avail.?
    10-28-09 01:08 AM
    thanks for the link luckyDad, bought the class 6 16gb from newegg
    10-28-09 02:16 AM
    I'm waiting for the 32gb card to drop. I've discovered that I can put full feature films on my device and watch them on road trips. I feel like I would fill up a 16 pretty quickly. Any word on when they will be avail.?
    I have shot approximately 45 minutes of videos of my twins, have taken about 100 pictures, plus two full length movies, Star Trek and The Princess Bride (okay, so I like sci-fi and have a strange sense of humor!) and available on the card is 13.76 gb. You can get a lot of movies on a 16 gb card!
    10-28-09 07:35 AM
    Emorad:

Glad I could help. After all that I have "taken" from the Crackberry Community it's nice to give back!
    10-28-09 07:36 AM
    The 32gb card will be very expensive at first. And honestly, you can get several movies on a 16gb card. I use handbrake to format for my Tour and I manually specify that I want the file size capped at 350mb, and then the App does it's best to do what it can at that size. So, that would allow me to put rougly 30-40ish movies........

Don't forget, at the screen size of the blackberries, you can get away with smaller file sizes/lower quality as it is so scrunched down.

Point of note from what I have read, the class/speed rating is more important for the writing process, and not reading. A class 2 card should do just fine on a BB from a reading perspective (i.e., movie/music playback). Having a Class 6 card may only matter when you are placing media on the card.
    10-28-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD