I just got off the phone with a higher level engineer at Sprint, and was told "The Tour 9630, 8330m and Palm Pre" all are MEID devices, and portions of our network is having issues with talking to these devices at this time. There is no ETA on a fix yet.

this explains why some of us are having problems with the tour's reception, and why we never had coverage issues with our earlier berrys.
    07-22-09 05:18 PM
    I've only had issues with the signal strength dropping when im in low service areas, while my other Tour and Curve hold onto the signal the entire time......so i don't think its the MEID thing
    07-27-09 01:10 PM
    My 8330m was was fine unless i accessed data then it'd drop my signal completely. I guess we'll see. I have full bars at work and at home and I my tour when I get home today so I hope mine stays the same but atleast I won't have a signal that goes from full bars to none all the time
    07-27-09 01:12 PM
    I've noticed the same thing... I have significantly less coverage/signal strength with my Tour in places where my Pearl worked great. Also seem to be roaming a lot more than I used to.

Not that I'd trade my Tour for a Pearl, of course!
    07-27-09 01:28 PM
    I've noticed the same thing... I have significantly less coverage/signal strength with my Tour in places where my Pearl worked great. Also seem to be roaming a lot more than I used to.

Not that I'd trade my Tour for a Pearl, of course!
    Your Tour is roaming in NY? I'm actually surprised to hear that. What network are you roaming on?
    07-27-09 02:16 PM
    I was up near the NY border over the weekend, roaming on verizon the entire time, and had no issues with signal... and I was in BFE, trust me... only 1 tower in a 20 mile area that I got signal from..a vzw site..yet it worked great... another thing pointing towards sprint's towers having compatibiltiy issues.
    07-27-09 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD