"A media card has been inserted that contains errors..."

I get this infamous message frequently on restart, right after the Tour finishes booting. It prompts me to repair the errors, and I haven't yet seen any other effects.

I'm assuming it has something to do with some process not properly flushing the disk buffers or leaving some file handles open when restarting.

Do other people see this? With my tech experience, stuff like this bothers me, because I feel like some day I'm going to lose important data somewhere along the line.

I NEVER see that error unless I restart the Tour.
    10-31-10 03:19 AM
    I had the same issue until the last upgrade
    10-31-10 06:06 PM
    What version are you on? I'm running 5.0.0.732 on Verizon.

(Haven't really been motivated to upgrade to .975, since most of the changes seemed PTT-related and the upgrade process is so bad on BB's with all the problems it creates for 3rd-party apps...)
    10-31-10 08:00 PM
    I received this error all the time when I was on 732 on my Bold 9650. Then I went to a hybrid and still got it, and 810 and still had it. Now I moved to 975 and the error is GONE.

Maybe worth a try? I know re-registering apps is a pain and re-doing themes is too but...if it gets rid of the error and that nagging feeling....

I'm happier now that I don't see the error anymore.
    10-31-10 08:05 PM
    Well short-term I can live with it, especially if I know it seems to be an OS quirk.

Medium-term I want to get 1 or 2 9650s (really want WiFi, something I really really wanted in the 9630 but didn't exist at the time), so I will probably end up running OS 6 on those anyway.

Long-term - I'd like something similiar to the Torch, whenever Verizon gets something like that. Much as I like the Tour in most respects, the screen size and browser are 2 of the biggest downsides.
    10-31-10 08:15 PM
    I also received this error on my Bold 9650. I used the larger capacity SD card from my old phone and thought maybe that was the problem. I reformatted the card, let the phone format it and it still complained. So I tried the SD card (blank) that came with the phone and it gave me the error. I started to worry it was the card reader itself but there didn't seem to be any read/write problems it just gave me that error. I started using my larger capacity card again and after the upgrade (Whatever the 5. 9xx version is) and I haven't had problems.
    10-31-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD