I just downloaded the OS from the Verizon site and then went to install MDS on the new Tour and it appears it is not available. Does anyone happen to know when RIM was planning on including the MDS as an available app in the OS or is Verizon themselves restricted it right now?
    07-15-09 02:12 PM
    The MDS runtime is ONLY needed if you're on BES, if you're not, then don't worry. If you install DM 5.0 and the software to your computer, you can add it through there if you need to have it, or delete it through there making the changes to your phone.
    07-15-09 02:15 PM
    I do know it is only needed if it is going to be on a BES, which this phone is going to be. I have loaded MDS on many different BlackBerrys in the past so I am well aware of how to do it so I was very surprised to see it was not even an option when I went to install it on a Tour. I have heard from one source that when the Storm first came out the MDS was not available for it either but they came out with it about a month or two later. I am hoping they might have it available sooner then that.
    07-15-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD