I'm new to using a Micro SD card with my phone, and I just recently received the transcend 8GB card, class 6. So I popped it in, and then attempted to copy over about a thousand songs...it tooks SECONDS whereas 25 songs previously took hours. The phone prompted for if I wanted Mass Storage Mode enabled, I figured yeah sure, I want it to be stored on my card. But then it said some media files won't be able to be seen in this mode. I figured that was just precaution, but after it transferred, I went into music and only all the defaults where there. I now turned Mass Storage mode off and it's attempting to transfer the songs now, but at that 25 song per two hour rate...so with 1000 songs that would take a week. What am I doing wrong?
    07-29-09 09:54 AM
    I just got the same card yesterday, and I popped it in as well.

Try formatting the card, putting it into your phone, then Enable Mass Storage Mode and enable Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected.
    Then connect your BB to your computer, and try transferring.
    If that is what you already did, then i have no clue, mine took a couple minutes for a few gigs of music and pictures.
    07-29-09 09:58 AM
    I'm new to using a Micro SD card with my phone, and I just recently received the transcend 8GB card, class 6. So I popped it in, and then attempted to copy over about a thousand songs...it tooks SECONDS whereas 25 songs previously took hours. The phone prompted for if I wanted Mass Storage Mode enabled, I figured yeah sure, I want it to be stored on my card. But then it said some media files won't be able to be seen in this mode. I figured that was just precaution, but after it transferred, I went into music and only all the defaults where there. I now turned Mass Storage mode off and it's attempting to transfer the songs now, but at that 25 song per two hour rate...so with 1000 songs that would take a week. What am I doing wrong?
    You won't be able to see your downloaded material until after you've unplugged your BB device from the computer. If you want to see your media files on your SD card, then set it so that it prompts you to turn on or off mass storage mode. Only turn it on when you're going to be transferring files.

If you have the mode turned on, you won't see things on your SD card. If you have it turned off, then you will be able to see it.
    07-29-09 10:03 AM
    You won't be able to see your downloaded material until after you've unplugged your BB device from the computer. If you want to see your media files on your SD card, then set it so that it prompts you to turn on or off mass storage mode. Only turn it on when you're going to be transferring files.

If you have the mode turned on, you won't see things on your SD card. If you have it turned off, then you will be able to see it.
    You can also just "eject" your BlackBerry from your computer, which in essence is the same thing you are talking about, still connected so its still charging, but no Mass Storage Mode and you can see the new files.
    07-29-09 10:13 AM
    Thanks guys, I clicked format in the blackberry options, and it worked on that...and now it SEEMS to be working. Its copying things over now, not lightening fast (like 10 seconds before) but not painstakingly slow either. Looks like its going to take a few minutes. Then I can see if its readable on my device! Fingers crossed!
    07-29-09 10:17 AM
    That sounds about right, whenever things are too fast or too slow I get nervous. Good luck and enjoy!
    07-29-09 10:40 AM
    That sounds about right, whenever things are too fast or too slow I get nervous. Good luck and enjoy!
    Haha I hear you, its usually a bad sign. I loaded everything up and it works great, even synced a couple movies! Lovin it
    07-29-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD