I've read previous threads about mass storage, and can't seem to find an answer.

When I plug my phone in (I have the Tour) to my Macbook, Mass storage prompts to connect, I select yes, and wait for it to load in the computer, but it doesn't end up doing that.
    The clock pops up, the battery meter shows its charging, but the device never loads on the computer.

I normally back up my files frequently, but this time its not working.

Earlier today, my phone went off as my alarm, started to play the ringtone it normally does, and then all of a sudden it cut out to a standard blackberry alarm/alert ringtone.
    It's done that before so I just assumed it was acting up like normal.
    Later on during the day I was taking pictures, and it kept prompting me to save pictures. I was confused because I have an 8gb card in it, and I've used about 2gb, so I know there's a TON of room left on the card.
    I looked through the Media list for Pictures/Videos/Ringtones and such, and none of my files popped up.

The phone says that it has the memory card inserted, but doesn't display it on anything or the computer.

This is the reason I desperately wanted to back up my files, just in case something happened (which it seems like it did).

Anyone have any clues about why this is happening/whats wrong with it?

Is my phone defective?
    This is my second tour, and I had originally exchanged the first one for the reason that it deleted all the files on my memory card, and the trackball was crap.
    02-17-10 11:10 PM
    You might want to investigate a card reader for your computer. Also, if you have access to another computer, you might want to see if the card shows up there.

Was your alarm/ringtone that did not play properly on the card? If the usb is plugged into the bb and MassStorage is on, the BB canNOT see the card or its contents which could cause it not to play your choice.
    02-18-10 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD