I just got the Tour today and I am loving it. I do have a few questions though.

1. After coming out of the black screen mode (when the screen dims), sometimes I find that my blackberry is temporarily frozen for about 5 seconds. Is this normal?

2. Is it bad to have too many Applications?

3. How do I monitor how much my Blackberry is doing at once?

4. Is there a way to stop the backlights from randomly turning on and off?

5. How can I fully close an Application?

Thanks so much for the help
    12-30-09 09:45 PM
    1. Not really. I use the spacebar to exit "black screen mode"
    2. Depending on how much memory you are using, yes possibly. Try to save all pics, videos, etc to memory card and not phone memory
    3. Hit blackberry button twice, then "switch application" too see which programs are running at once
    4. Not sure about this one
    5. From within the app, hit the blackberry button and make sure to hit "close" and not "exit".
    12-30-09 09:51 PM
    3. Another way to get to the same menu that tazman is talking about is to just hold down the blackberry button.

4. That is probably due to the light sensor. It automatically detects how much light is available and dims accordingly. You can turn it off if you want. Options-->screen/keyboard-->automatically dim backlight
    12-30-09 10:04 PM
    Wow thanks. I am still perplexed about this random freezing. it happens for like 3 seconds every now and again. maybe im doing too much
    12-30-09 10:25 PM
    Wow thanks. I am still perplexed about this random freezing. it happens for like 3 seconds every now and again. maybe im doing too much
    When I first got my tour, I put a ton of apps on it and overloaded it. The lagging might be due to an app not playing well with your tour. Some apps do leak memory. I got rid of the Facebook app and installed Meterberry. Meterberry has a one touch thing that cleans up memory. Ten apps running at once might be too much! close then out when you are done with them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 10:33 PM
    Is Meterberry a facebook companion?
    12-30-09 10:38 PM
    Try pulling the battery. That may help with the lag. Or you can press left-alt, right-shift, delete. That will restart it. Kind of like Ctrl-alt-del on a pc.

I don't ever turn my phone off so I restart it every once in a while and it usually helps.

I use the facebook app and haven't noticed any lag issues.

I believe meterberry is a paid app that has tools like phone temp, battery life, etc. I think it also monitors your memory and some other stuff. I don't have it but it looks like a pretty good tool.
    12-31-09 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD